Motorola RAZR 2019

upnorth

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
Motorola has revived its slim Razr flip phone, some 15 years after the original “game changing” device hit the market.

The new device features a 6.2in screen which folds together when closed, with another, smaller screen to display notifications on its outer shell. The device will be sold for $1,500, starting in the US on 26 December, with other markets coming later. Analysts told the BBC they did not expect the device to have much impact on the global smartphone sales. “The question everyone will be asking is whether this foldable device will change Motorola fortunes, because their market share is extremely small,” said Francisco Jeronimo, an analyst with IDC. "Honestly, I don’t think it will." But the new Razr is, at the very least, being seen as an innovative statement piece from Motorola, which is now a unit of Chinese giant Lenovo, having being acquired - from previous owner Google - in 2014.

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
I was using a similar Samsung clam shell flip phone with a hinge many years back.

I supposed this Motorola flip phone is using a polymer screen on the inside (like Samsung) otherwise it would have advertised as the first phone with a foldable glass screen

Viking

Level 26
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 2, 2011
I was surprised how many people owned flip phones, as here is Australia, very few people owned them.
I use a flip phone., never owned a andriod or iphone.

btw, I still have a bunch of old mobile phones that I've used in the past and they all
in good working order (including 2 old Motorola flip phones).

You can't have too many burner phones !!

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
I use a flip phone., never owned a andriod or iphone.

btw, I still have a bunch of old mobile phones that I've used in the past and they all
in good working order (including 2 old Motorola flip phones).

You can't have too many burner phones !!
So you must be constantly charging the phones otherwise the batteries will gone case if left uncharged?

Reactions: Nevi and Venustus

Viking

Level 26
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 2, 2011
So you must be constantly charging the phones otherwise the batteries will gone case if left uncharged?
I only use one phone at a time (the last phone I bought - Samsung), the rest are stored away.
I have 7 phones in total, which I bought over the 20 year period.

Actually, I have not charged the first 6 at all in years, those batteries would be zombiefied by now.
24883402_10155118098322314_9011859490008418042_o.jpg

Last edited:

Nevi

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 7, 2016
I had the original RAZR, and I have missed it ever since. If these phones come to Denmark I buy one. Motorolas phones back then was really good and insanely popular. To have one again would be fun.

upnorth

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
The Moto Razr has a new release date. After announcing a delay just a few days before it was planned to go on sale in December, Verizon now says the new-school flip phone will go up for pre-order January 26, with an in-store date of February 6. It's still $1,499.99.

Paul.R

Level 17
Verified
Well-known
May 16, 2013
I will stay with my Blackberry :cool: and with my backup phone but nice design also waiting for Samsung respond to this device.

Reactions: upnorth and Nevi

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.