Solved Mouse acting on its own, unremovable PUP

CheeseGuy

Thread author
Jan 20, 2018
Hello MalwareTips.

I have encountered a bizzare occurance. Today after leaving my computer in sleep mode and opening again my mouse pointer started acting out. It was trying to move to top right or the bottom left to presumabely close my browser or close my computer. I immediately force closed my computer. After reopening, the mouse was acting normal like it always does. So I got curious and ran Malwarebytes and a computer scan with AVG(Free). Malwarebytes brought me PUP.Optional.HTTPBreaker and the scan was clean.

I tried quaranteening the PUP but every time I reopen Chrome and scan the PUP is there. However when I delete the PUP via Malwarebytes and scan again with the browser unopened it shows that it is clean. I also ran ADWCleaner and it showed no malware. So in the end the PUP is stays in the computer.

Attached are my FRST logs and my Malwarebytes log for the PUP I mentioned which I can't get rid of.

I don't think the PUP can do the thing with the mouse but I'm not sure it probably is a bigger infection.

Sincerely

Attachments

• FRST.txt
    115.5 KB · Views: 8
  • Addition.txt
    45.2 KB · Views: 4
  • HTTPBreakerLog.txt
    1.3 KB · Views: 2

CheeseGuy

Thread author
Jan 20, 2018
I had the bright Idea to download Zemana. After a scan and deletion the PUP is gone.

But please look into the FRST log because the mouse thing is freaking me out at this point

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.