Mouth-watering user concept of Windows 10 File Explorer has Reddit salivating

CyberTech

Level 44
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 10, 2017
File Explorer in Windows 10 is an essential program that is widely utilized by users of the operating system. While Microsoft updates it from time to time, the changes are usually minor, and related to icon redesigns. This is probably why user concepts of File Explorer surface frequently, re-imagining what the program could look like, should Microsoft decide to fully redesign it at some point.

Today, we are taking a look at a new and sleek user concept for File Explorer created by Reddit user u/Alur2020 that has hundreds of users salivating on the Reddit thread. Have a look below.

The rest of the article and some gallery

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
Excellent, why haven't you done this by now, Microsoft? Indeed, why not make File Explorer like Settings altogether? Same with Control Panel? This witches' brew of old and new in Windows 20H2 is--how you say--fugly and user unfriendly.

I realize as a safety measure you have to have redundancy of certain key features--like the Start button for example. But other less urgent but highly useful things are just too obscure, deprecated and buried. Like Advanced System features for one example. ONE or two clicks, please, not 3 or 4.

show-Zi

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
My impression of the new icon is that Windows is in love with Linux.❤️❤️

My advice to Windows in love is: 'It's good to look pretty, but you need to grow up mentally to achieve balance. The current configuration items, a mixture of old and new, are complex, similar to the emotions of adolescence.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.