- Aug 17, 2014
After Microsoft Edge, Opera, and Yandex, another popular web browser made its entry into Micorsoft Store on Windows 11. Firefox seems to have landed but may have been pulled by Mozilla at the last minute after discovering some bugs. Currently, Firefox is not available for download. It may not take too long for it to come back to Microsoft Store as it showed up once already.
Firefox makes its first appearance in Microsoft Store on Windows 11
- We have been able to download the Firefox app. Mozilla published Firefox in the MSIX package to store.
- There is no difference between the current Firefox and Store app. The former download requires visiting the Mozilla website in a web browser, with the latter, you can find it find on Microsoft Store.
- Firefox can update itself via Microsoft Store
- Firefox page on store lists “Windows 10 version 17763.0 or higher” as a system requirement, we doubt this may not be true right now. Like other apps, you may need to be using Windows 11.
- When you open Firefox about Window, it shows “Windows MSIX Package, Mozilla -MSIX -x.”
Mozilla investigates Firefox bugsAs we said above, Mozilla is currently looking into the following bugs, once those get resolved, the company may make Firefox public on Microsoft Store for download.
- Firefox doesn’t open the import window after launching it
- AcceesibleHandler is not registered, causes severe performance issues for a11y
- When a profile is removed, Firefox is expected to show a dialog that offers a button to create a new profile, instead, Firefox shows a “profile cannot be loaded. it may be missing or inaccessible” error.
Firefox appeared for a brief amount of time on Windows 11 Microsoft Store, later it was pulled by Mozilla after discovering some bugs.