Mozilla has partnered with Mullvad for its own VPN application

F

ForgottenSeer 823865

I selected Mullvad as my main VPN for a reason, affordable, efficient, and audited. and they don't need to advertise themselves like those useless/shady VPNs , their solid reputation (for what we know) is their advertisement.

F

ForgottenSeer 58943

I selected Mullvad as my main VPN for a reason, affordable, efficient, and audited. and they don't need to advertise themselves like those useless/shady VPNs , their solid reputation (for what we know) is their advertisement.

Exactly.. Their policies, security and reputation speak for itself.

Also remember, setting up a VPN service is cheap and easy. I could have one up and running in 48 hours if I wanted, and I could start selling access to it. We're not talking about infrastructure here, we're talking about existing servers with hundreds of HyperV's running on them. I know a guy that will make you a VPN for $10 a month 3 miles from your home, all for you. (if you live in a city with a 80K+ population in the USA)

So why do I say this? If it is that easy, be careful who you trust. Also note, there are honeypot VPN's out there. Sometimes they get exposed (WiTopia, which shares offices with a CIA hub), sometimes they don't, but later they end up being shady or sloppy.

A VPN is intimate, make sure you have implicit trust and know who you are interacting with or a VPN is a mighty nice MiTM on your devices...

blackice

Level 38
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
yes, i saw it too, i expected a Black Friday deal instead...they pushed a cheaper (very) basic plan for the Average (privacy) Joe and the old more expensive one for the real privacy freaks.

Guess i will stick with Mullvad for a while ;).
To be honest I’m still on a discounted price from when thewirecutter recommended them and had a special rate. Otherwise I’d be exploring my options more.

Reactions: Cortex and Venustus

Cortex

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 4, 2016
I recently moved from IVPN to Mullvad, mainly due in my area to lowered speed in IVPN & the pure simplicity & lightning fast connection on Mullvad - Time will tell how long I use it but connection speed is very important to me, at the moment it's great :love::love::love:

Kongo

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017
I recently moved from IVPN to Mullvad, mainly due in my area to lowered speed in IVPN & the pure simplicity & lightning fast connection on Mullvad - Time will tell how long I use it but connection speed is very important to me, at the moment it's great :love::love::love:
Sigh... :cautious:

• Wow
Reactions: Venustus and Cortex

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.