Mozilla plans to drop Flash support in Firefox 84 (December 2020)

CyberTech

Level 44
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 10, 2017
All major browser makers plan to remove Flash support from their browsers in 2020. Adobe announced the deprecation of Adobe Flash in 2017 and companies like Google, Microsoft or Mozilla revealed plans to end support for the technology in their browsers. Adobe Flash won't receive security updates anymore from 2021 on.

Firefox uses a plugin system to integrate Adobe Flash, that is installed on the system, into the web browser. Google Chrome and other Chromium-based browsers ship with a native Flash integration instead.

The current state of Flash in Firefox is the following: Flash is disabled by default in Firefox but users may activate Flash on individual sites if they require it. Flash is the only NPAPI plugin that Firefox still supports; support for other NPAPI-based plugins such as Microsoft Silverlight was dropped in Firefox 52 which Mozilla released in 2017.

Vitali Ortzi

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 12, 2016
I gotta buy a hard drive and download many flash games as soon as possible many games from my region already got discontinued and taken down from main websites (only mirror websites exist for now).
( For my brother's , I don't play those low quality games )

Reactions: CyberTech

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.