Apr 25, 2013
Only Kaspersky IS was certified level 1

6a00d83534ac5b69e200e5522ce1578834-800wi.gif

:D

woodrowbone

Level 10
Verified
Dec 24, 2011
WSA used to be on top in MRG:s tests, they have been slipping all year.
Anyone heard if anything changed in the test setup? I wish Sveta or Chris could show up here and give us some inside.
MRG is the only company able to test WSA at the moment, and I would like to know how the samples that failed WSA, did escape from the "safe environment" that WSA creates for unknown files?

/W

artek

Level 5
Verified
May 23, 2014
WSA used to be on top in MRG:s tests, they have been slipping all year.
Anyone heard if anything changed in the test setup? I wish Sveta or Chris could show up here and give us some inside.
MRG is the only company able to test WSA at the moment, and I would like to know how the samples that failed WSA, did escape from the "safe environment" that WSA creates for unknown files?

/W

They looked like they were doing fine in most categories except for ransomware -- which is something I've heard they've had problems with in the past. Controlling scripts, etc.

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
MalwareBytes is not an antivirus and it can't compete with an antivirus but it has to work alongside an AV.
It was still featured in this test regardless. And let's not forget it was also compared with other antimalware products, but it didn't do so well.

yes i tested webroot against some ransomeware a few days ago, its behaviour blocker picked it up, but failed to stop the actual infection
Didn't the rollback feature remove the infection later?

woodrowbone

Level 10
Verified
Dec 24, 2011
They looked like they were doing fine in most categories except for ransomware -- which is something I've heard they've had problems with in the past. Controlling scripts, etc.

The thing is that if we go back in time like 6 months and more, WSA aced these tests, including ransomware.
Something must have changed in WSA, MRG:s way of testing or the malwares found ways out of WSA when in containment?

/W

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.