Disclaimer

This test shows how an antivirus behaves with certain threats, in a specific environment and under certain conditions.
We encourage you to compare these results with others and take informed decisions on what security products to use.
Before buying an antivirus you should consider factors such as price, ease of use, compatibility and support. Installing a free trial version allows an antivirus to be tested in everyday use before purchase.

plat1098

Level 6
Verified
A small third party like OSArmor or SysHardener in conjunction with Windows Defender is the right thing. Otherwise, Defender did very well. I like the graphs here--they are more neutral (meaning that other labs use/d a "traffic light" configuration which has certain underlying connotations--read: "stop, caution, go" when interpreting the final results (n)).

Reactions: bribon77 and JB007

Burrito

Level 12
Verified
In my opinion, Avast Wins in what (to me) is the most important test category, "In the Wild 360 / Full Spectrum Test Results."

The 'win' is valid if you give more points to 'behavior blocks' vice signature blocks -- which I do.

I used to consider Avast as kind of lame. But they seem to be doing well lately.

In the Wild 360 / Full Spectrum Test Results

Umar.18

Level 1
Avast / AVG horrible regarding privacy issues. I used to love avast and AVG. I skipped Avast after version 8, skipped AVG after acquisition by Avast. Currently using Kaspersky, F-Secure and Sophos premium on different systems.