Well-known
Jul 2, 2014

682LAbk.png

Anndddd....the winner of the Best Antivirus of 2014 goes to:

1. ESET
2. Qihoo 360
3. Kaspersky

Congratulations to all the winners :D

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for nominating your favorite products in this thread.

The Top 6 products that enters the poll round are:

Avast [Free and Internet Security]
Emsisoft [Antimalware and Internet Security]
ESET [NOD32 and Smart Security]
Kaspersky [Internet Security]
Norton [Internet Security]
Qihoo 360 [Internet Security and Total Security]

The poll will be closed after 7th Nov 2014.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:

Raphoul

Dec 15, 2011
I think it is not fair not to nominate TIRANIUM SECURITY IN TERNET especially when you see on your own site that has won all the battles against any other antivirus

Reactions: Roxas
S

Sr. Normal

Qihoo 360.

For me the best product is the one with the best value for money .
Really interested in pay to improve these services. ?

Good day to everyone

Cch123

Level 7
Verified
May 6, 2014
Avast: Free, with decent detection and some good features like deep screen and hardened mode.

Emsisoft: Very good detection, excellent Behaviour blocker. Not a lot of advanced features in my opinion, and because its user base is small, its cloud intelligence cannot match larger vendors. But it does its job very well.

Eset: Fastest malware response time, they can produce signatures for new threats within hours. Their generic signatures are excellent too, but it has poor zeroday protection unless you configure the HIPS well.

Kaspersky: Very good detection, excellent features. Its rootkit detection capabilities is very famous. But its malware response time is a little slow from my experience.

Norton: Excellent layered detection, behaviour blocker. Its file detection engine isn't the best though, because it is no longer focusing on static detection anymore.

360: Very good detection, its heuristics engine is very good too. Might be a little heavy and bloated.

Well, its a really hard choice to make :D

bitbizket

Level 3
Jul 26, 2011
Vote for ESET. ESET have improved alot since v.6 especiallly with it HIPS improvement (Smart Mode).
Very low false detection, low impact on most PC performance that i've seen, stable and much less buggy releases.
In real-world environment, protection wise ESET does the job quite well.

jackuars

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
I think it is not fair not to nominate TIRANIUM SECURITY IN TERNET especially when you see on your own site that has won all the battles against any other antivirus

Nominations happened in Phase 1 here. The Top 6 products were chosen for the poll.

Also it's important to note that the testing here done by the community is with a very small number of samples, so it might not really reflect the true capability of an antivirus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.