Multiple U.S. States Sue Google for Violating Antitrust Laws With Play Store Fees

CyberTech

Level 44
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 10, 2017
Attorneys general representing 36 U.S. states and Washington, D.C. today levied an antitrust lawsuit [PDF] against Google to challenge Google Play Store fees, reports Politico.

The lawsuit was filed in California federal court and is led by Utah, North Carolina, Tennessee, New York, Arizona, Colorado, Iowa, and Nebraska. The states are fighting against Google's plan to require all app developers who use the Google Play Store to pay a 30 percent commission on the sales of digital goods or services, which Google plans to enforce in September.

Google last year said that in 2021, it would begin enforcing Play Store rules that require app developers to use Google's in-house billing method instead of independent payment systems. Google has long had this rule, but the company was not strictly enforcing it so developers could avoid using the Play Store billing system and Google's fees.

The rest

ZeePriest

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Jul 2, 2020
And we are still using Google Android OS and google services lol

I would jump into IOS if apple devices allow micro sd.
Why do you need a micro sd slot when you have enough storage? I personally use an s7 edge 32GB with a 16GB sd card but I backup my data to my external HDD every now and then so I'm always left with a decent amount of storage...

Reactions: Venustus and Nevi

SumTingWong

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 2, 2018
Why do you need a micro sd slot when you have enough storage? I personally use an s7 edge 32GB with a 16GB sd card but I backup my data to my external HDD every now and then so I'm always left with a decent amount of storage...
128gb internal storage is barely enough. I don't have a lot of apps and don't take a lot of pictures and videos in high quality and I already taken 54% storage. Pixel 4a 5G user here. Micro SD card is cheap and they are good for backup in case your phone os got corrupted soo bad that you need to reset or something wrong with the internal hardware itself. Plus, I like a lot of memes.

ZeePriest

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Jul 2, 2020
Micro SD card is cheap and they are good for backup in case your phone os got corrupted soo bad that you need to reset or something wrong with the internal hardware itself. Plus, I like a lot of memes.
I have a tablet and I used to backup everything to my sd card until one day the sd card stopped working and I lost all my data. That's why I always have 2 backups , one on my laptop and the other on my external HDD. I'm not saying that an sd card is not a good solution for your backup but I'm saying that it might go corrupt and stop working too.

• Applause
Reactions: Venustus and Nevi

SumTingWong

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 2, 2018
I have a tablet and I used to backup everything to my sd card until one day the sd card stopped working and I lost all my data. That's why I always have 2 backups , one on my laptop and the other on my external HDD. I'm not saying that an sd card is not a good solution for your backup but I'm saying that it might go corrupt and stop working too.
agree with micro sd can go corrupt too but having no micro sd is like having no secondary extend storage and backup. Them manufacturers don't want to add micro sd slot so they can push monthly cloud storage solution to their users. I am not a big fan of cloud storage solution.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.