Security News Multiple Unpatched Vulnerabilities Discovered in Western Digital NAS Hard Drives By

Solarquest

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 22, 2014
Multiple Western Digital MyCloud Networked Attached Storage (NAS) devices are affected by several security flaws, varying in severity, that allow attackers to bypass authentication, execute code on the device, and upload or download user data.

Discovered by a security researcher who goes by the name of Zenofex, these security flaws have not been reported to Western Digital, are still unpatched, and with public exploit code is available for more than half of the vulnerabilities.

Multiple MyCloud models affected
According to Zenofex multiple WD MyCloud NAS device models are affected, such as:

• My Cloud
  • My Cloud Gen 2
  • My Cloud Mirror
  • My Cloud PR2100
  • My Cloud PR4100
  • My Cloud EX2 Ultra
  • My Cloud EX2
  • My Cloud EX4
  • My Cloud EX2100
  • My Cloud EX4100
  • My Cloud DL2100
  • My Cloud DL4100
More details in the link above

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.