Muppet Security Config

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Hi Muppet, I am in agreement with frogboy in that you've a very nice setup!:) In fact, just two days ago I'd upgraded my wife's Vaio lap top to Windows 10's latest "Anniversary Edition" too. She likes the way it works and also the way it looks much better which is the proof in the pudding!:p

Something I'd learned from reading the advice of our Staff Members, specifically Exterminator, was switching my Microsoft Account to a "local" account which, although I've noticed no obvious differences on my end, greatly increases ones user level of privacy!:cool:

To do this, follow these steps:
  1. Click on the Windows symbol
  2. Find, & <click> on your own Windows avatar (picture)
  3. Choose "Change Account Settings"
  4. Below your name/picture you may choose "Sign in with local account instead"
Thank you for sharing your configuration today.
I shall look forward to how you and the future shape it's development! :D

Last edited:

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
I am assuming you have Windows Defender running with MBAM Premium?
BY "ESET" in on demand scanner entry are you using ESET Online scanner?
What was you recent malware problem if you do not mind sharing it?
Nothing wrong with Windows 10 security and good browsing and clicking habits.
I would consider an additional on demand scanner like Zemana.
Thanks for sharing your config :)

F

ForgottenSeer 56325

Mayve adding a free av like avast or bitdefender would help malwarebytes, and like everybody said you should add some others on demand scanners like Dr. Web CureIt!, Emsisoft Emergency Kit or Zemana.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.