Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
The Windows music player AIMP has recently been updated to version 5.0 final.

AIMP 5.00​

aimp 5.00
Existing users find plenty of changes in AIMP 5.00, beginning with a new design. AIMP 5.00 displays several design suggestions on start that range from a minimalistic version to a modern version; the classic design is also available, for users who prefer it over the new designs.

The screenshot above shows the default design, which is eye pleasing and useful at the same time. One of AIMP's strengths is customizability, and the latest version of the music player has a lot to offer in that regard.

As far as changes are concerned, here is a short overview of major changes in AIMP 5.00:
  • Official support for Microsoft's Windows 11 operating system.
  • Performance improvements.
  • Find in File Tags option for lyrics and album art.
  • Bookmarks is part of the music library. Support for custom labels and comments was added, a find in source command, and abilities to filter and group bookmarks are now also available.
  • New option to sort playlists automatically when new files are added / metadata is updated.
  • New "Each playlists has its own playback mode" option.
  • Audio converter improvements, e.g. support for WMA Pro codec or an option to normalize the volume level during conversions.
  • Tag Editor has a new tool: chapters creator.
  • Many plugins scheduler improvements, including several new actions and abilities.
  • Skin engine got support for OpenType fonts.
  • Equalizer contains 20 bands, support for 43 Hz and 22 kHz bands added.
  • Tag editor supports Windows 10's and 11's Quick Access folder.
  • Sound engine got a new ability to remap channels for 5.0 and 7.0 channel schemes.
You can check out the full changelog of AIMP 5.00 on the official website.
Closing Words

AIMP 5.00 is an excellent music player for Windows. It is in many regards like Winamp, but since development for the classic player has more or less stopped a long time ago, it is like what Winamp could have been, if development would not have stopped.

AIMP has a lot to offer: from playing most media formats and streams out of the box, skins and plugins, to editing audio tags, converting media and remote audio playback.

Last edited:

silversurfer

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
AIMP v5.01, build 2358 (28.12.2021)
  • Plugins: Update Checker - an ability to update to nightly builds (available in the "development versions" channel only)
  • Fixed: audio converter - no split by chapters (regression)
  • Fixed: default skin - no wiki information about playing track if playback is paused

AIMP v5.01, build 2357 (23.12.2021)
  • General: chapters and bookmarks now displays on a seekbar
  • Queue manager: double-click on track will focus it in the playlist
  • General: migration to new version of VCL
  • Tag editor: state of the "Quick Access" node now stores between different work sessions
  • Skin engine: potential abilities has been extended
  • Skin engine: compatibility with old skins has been improved
  • Plugins: last.fm - reduced number of requests to the service
  • Plugins: scheduler - the "return to previous playlist" command now can restore playback position too
  • Fixed: scheduler - timestamps stores to configuration file in locale-depended format
  • Fixed: player - no album art is displayed for internet radio tracks if album is not specified (regression)
  • Fixed: tag editor - ID3v2 - chapters with an empty title leads to corrupted tag field
  • Fixed: tag editor - FLAC - app uses Description tag field instead of Comment tag field
  • Fixed: tag editor - online search - discogs - album artist is used instead of track artist
  • Fixed: skin engine - syntax error in expression interrupts skin loading
  • Fixed: skin engine - minor issues were fixed

koloveli

Level 4
Well-known
Sep 13, 2012
Yes it is. I will answer my question:

1. 'perfomance increased' - v4.xx is just fine with me with perfomance
2. support for Windows 11 - using mostly for installing on Windows 7/8.1/10

3. I think they drop Vista :)
aimp is very good!
is one player, convert...

simbatippe1234

Level 3
Oct 14, 2021
Hi, It is absolutely my favorite, the best Audio-Player(and so much more)for Windows & Android too.
What I mean to say is that AIMP has a very special place in my mind, now version 5 & full speed forward.:love:

Sammo

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Jan 27, 2012
I have used Aimp for years. The last few updates have made it un-usable for me as I have my music on several NAS drives and Aimp is constantly losing connection to them.

silversurfer

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014

AIMP v5.02, build 2365 (22.02.2022)​

• General: 3rd party libraries has been updated

silversurfer

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014

AIMP v5.02, build 2366 (02.03.2022)​

• General: 3rd party libraries has been updated

silversurfer

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014

AIMP v5.02, build 2368 (24.03.2022)​

General: localizations has been updated
General: migration to new version of VCL
  • Fixed: queue manager - double click on item does not activate playlist that contains the item
  • Fixed: playlist manager - playlists are displayed in different order from real one
  • Fixed: plugins - GUI API - font and margins scaling works incorrectly in certain cases

silversurfer

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014

AIMP v5.02, build 2370 (12.04.2022)​

Skin engine: compatibility with old skins has been improved
  • Fixed: general - last selected path is not saved for some file dialogs
  • Fixed: playlist manager - playlists are displayed in different order from real one
  • Fixed: plugins - discogs - no way to authorize from countries that has UTC offset more that 3 hours
  • Fixed other minor issues

silversurfer

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014

AIMP v5.03, build 2391 (20.06.2022)​

+ Playlist: the "select enabled" command has been added
  • General: localizations has been updated
  • Tag editor: change case - now the rule can be applied to selected part only
  • Skin engine: improve support of Aero Snap
Fixed: sound engine - FLAC - 8-bit audio produces noise instead of sound
Source: AIMP - Changelog

silversurfer

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014

AIMP v5.03, build 2394 (30.06.2022)​

• General: visual appearance of settings window has been updated
  • Tags: encoding detection algorithm has been improved
  • Fixed: skin engine - window border flicks on activate/deactivate the window if the "allow per pixel semitransparency" is switched off (regression)
  • Fixed: smart-playlists - null-values of data-time fields are stored to configuration file incorrectly
  • Fixed: plugins - API - album art providers that does not supports for "unknown" interface cannot be registered in repository
Source: AIMP - Changelog

silversurfer

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
Long time ago, I was using Foobar2000 when I had Windows 7. After Windows 10 was out, I used Groove Music and did not install third party software for music playing.
Now, if I want to change my mind, between AIMP and Foobar2000, which one you recommend and why?
Foobar2000 has more advanced features and supports a lot of audio formats. I have also the portable version of AIMP as 2nd option ;)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.