Apr 23, 2019
Windows Edition
Pro
Security updates
Allow security updates and latest features
User Access Control
Always notify
Real-time security
Dr. Web 12.02 - Os Armor - Cylance - AIRVPN - Nano Ad Block - Emsisoft Web check
Firewall security
Periodic malware scanners
Dr. Web - Cylance - Rouge Killer Premium - Zemana Free
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Norton Safe Search - Emsisoft Browser Security - Privacy Badger - Windscribe
Maintenance tools
O&O Defrag 22 - ParkControl - AirVPN - Reg Organizer - Revo Uninstaller - Shadow Defender - Privacy Erase Pro - WISE 365 (Lifetime) O&O ShutUp - AutoRuns
File and Photo backup
All files copies to External Drives on Different Days / Weeks / Macrium Reflect Weekly Minimum
System recovery
Reflect Image at least weekly more as required - Multiple external drives - One kept in remote location (Rotated)
Risk factors
    • Logging into my bank account
    • Browsing to popular websites
    • Streaming audio/video content from shady sites
    • Browsing to unknown / untrusted / shady sites
    • Working from home
    • Streaming audio/video content from trusted sites or paid subscriptions
Computer specs
AMD A10 Vision - 16 GIG RAM DDR3 - 256 Crucial SSD - 4 TB WD Spinner

Cortex

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 4, 2016
Latest system specification - I am looking at a higher pc main board in next month or so, updated PSU to Corsair 650 Watt PSU today - Any tips? :)

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
@Music4Ever:
  • Please specify Exact verion number of Noron.
  • This seems a bit overkill: NORTON Deluxe - VooDoo Shield Pro - HitmanPro.Alert - ZAM (not always real-time), I would only keep Norton, and HitMan.Pro.Alert + ZAM as a non real-time on demand scanners.
Thanks for sharing :giggle:

Cortex

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 4, 2016
Especially in light of recent threads I have been thinking about ways to use less products & still keep secure - Do you feel VooDoo which was a free give-away is unnecessary? Paul

Reactions: harlan4096

Cortex

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 4, 2016
I agree with harlan4096 I would give up VooDoo and ZAM.
you just do not need them.
when using Norton and HitMan .Pro. Alert.

Done: To be honest & I know some on here & elsewhere love VooDoo, but personally I have found it to be a frequent pain in the arse - I will not miss it - Thanks! :)

LDogg

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
I was thinking that bit may have been overkill, I didn't specify anything because I didn't know the users intentions or if certain settings were disabled.

I would say to keep to one AV, you may not even need Emsisoft Browser Security either with Norton Safe Web. You could however add ScriptSafe instead, blocks most things unless you allow them, doesn't break sites either.

~LDogg

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
if you use norton, you don't really need norton safe web/safe search because norton's download insight will do the job for downloaded files. It works like windows smartscreen

you may need Windows defender browser protection or emsisoft because norton might be not the best against PUPs, and some random malwares
you should also take extra care against malwares outside the web, where norton is most likely to fail, by using VT hash check and run-by-smartscreen

Cortex

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 4, 2016
if you use norton, you don't really need norton safe web/safe search because norton's download insight will do the job for downloaded files. It works like windows smartscreen
you may need Windows defender browser protection or emsisoft because norton might be not the best against PUPs, and some random malwares
you should also take extra care against malwares outside the web, where norton is most likely to fail, by using VT hash check and run-by-smartscreen

Thanks for all the above - Taken on board & see how thngs go - (PC config updated)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.