MuzzMelbourne

Level 15
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 13, 2022
Nice setup.
I use NextDns , Apple Keychain and Bitwarden as a bank for my security information, Kaspersky QR Scanner, Wipr and Private Relay for Safari.

I use ProtonVPN so they take care of DNS stuff and don’t log IP addresses. I refuse to use password managers or biometrics. I use a combination of several email addresses, @duck.com, @proton.me, @protonmail.com and @pm.me for diffferent areas of life(eg. financial, government, education etc) and passwords for each area all derived from one 12 character set. Easy, change an email suffix and the location of a symbol or capital letter here and there and away you go. Not brilliant but hey, it works pretty well… so far!

I use the native camera for QR scanning. I use iCloud Private Relay and any other security feature Apple throws my way with iCloud+. Safari uses DDG as the search engine and is completely shutdown with the exception of blocking some cookies. I had Wipr but find ProtonVPN with DDG search and Safari browser do a pretty good job of stripping out the rubbish. For basic subscriptions etc and dodgy sites I route a @gmail.com address through @duck.com and just monitor it, never use it. Plus I have two @icloud.com addresses for Apple stuff, 1 for ID and 1 for App store purchases and that’s all they get used for.

If people want me to look at their stuff on the net and it doesn’t get through this lot, I ignore it!

Total cost, 17 bucks Australian a month for Proton stuff and $1.49/mth for iCloud+ and worth every penny!

Hope this helps.

May 5, 2022.
Edit: Finally realised the error of my ways and now use Apple Keychain. Life is much easier!

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.