Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Exorcizm said:
Luke[Dumke480] said:
hahahahah PHONES..

i don't have one..
a Picture of what? the case or the componets? or the finished thing? the finished thing won't be for like christmas.

i think we meant a picture of the finished thing? you could always take one with a digital camera at home and upload it on here or something :)

^^ What he said.

Luke[Dumke480]

Thread author
Oct 28, 2011
so of the finished thing? so yeah maybe i'll upload it up on here on completion, cause honestly i don't think it'll be done till christmas, i've gotta pay for games design next year 3.6k :| FUUU

E

Exorcizm

I beleive he hopes to upgrade by Christmas time, and he uses the computer for gaming, movies, internet, youtube/videos/ and multimedia

If i didn't know Luke well i wouldn't comment :p

Luke[Dumke480]

Thread author
Oct 28, 2011
i'll be passively upgrading to my new system, over the course of the next 4 months.

What i use this computer for is, almost everything,

Like high profile gaming, Video Rendering, Programming, Social Networking and Text Processing.

EDIT:

EXCREMENT, YOU BEAT ME TO MY OWN PERSONAL QUESTION QUIT STALKING ME!

E

Exorcizm

Luke[Dumke480] said:
i'll be passively upgrading to my new system, over the course of the next 4 months.

What i use this computer for is, almost everything,

Like high profile gaming, Video Rendering, Programming, Social Networking and Text Processing.

EDIT:

EXCREMENT, YOU BEAT ME TO MY OWN PERSONAL QUESTION QUIT STALKING ME!

:D

Valentin N

Level 2
Feb 25, 2011
what cpu do you plan to use? I suggest you wait intil intel ivy bridge comes ut. otherwise I suggest i5 or i7 as cpu. bulldozer is not worth the money.

E

Exorcizm

Valentin N said:
what cpu do you plan to use? I suggest you wait intil intel ivy bridge comes ut. otherwise I suggest i5 or i7 as cpu. bulldozer is not worth the money.

Luke and me sat down and had a look at his build and he decided what he's grabbing which is the same as my previous CPU as well, an AMD 955 Black Edition, a great CPU for gaming, Luke isn't in the budget for anything like Ivy Bridge or Bulldozer, plus those CPU's are way too powerful for gaming, its a waste of money (as you mentioned with bulldozer)

The bare most powerful CPU you would want to go with as of this moment would be an i7 970 for it's 6 cores and magnificent cache/power

Anything more is useless for what Luke uses :)

I know you don't know what Luke was in the budget for, so i understand your comment 100%

:)

(Luke is happy playing games on Medium to Low settings on his native resolution)

- Josh

Valentin N

Level 2
Feb 25, 2011
Exorcizm said:
Valentin N said:

Luke and me sat down and had a look at his build and he decided what he's grabbing which is the same as my previous CPU as well, an AMD 955 Black Edition, a great CPU for gaming, Luke isn't in the budget for anything like Ivy Bridge or Bulldozer, plus those CPU's are way too powerful for gaming, its a waste of money (as you mentioned with bulldozer)

The bare most powerful CPU you would want to go with as of this moment would be an i7 970 for it's 6 cores and magnificent cache/power

I know you don't know what Luke was in the budget for, so i understand your comment 100%

(Luke is happy playing games on Medium to Low settings on his native resolution)

- Josh

I suggested ivy bridge since it be very powersaving (77W for the extreme versions). I don't think 200$ for a high end cpu, that will surely last for a time, is expensive and it uses less power (95W as max but I have seen 70W at full load). The phenom you gave him, or will give him, uses 130W almost twice the amount of Watts.

E

Exorcizm

Valentin N said:
Exorcizm said:
Valentin N said:

- Josh

I suggested ivy bridge since it be very powersaving (77W for the extreme versions). I don't think 200$ for a high end cpu, that will surely last for a time, is expensive and it uses less power (95W as max but I have seen 70W at full load). The phenom you gave him, or will give him, uses 130W almost twice the amount of Watts.

Are you serious? You should've mentioned that to him beforehand in your previous post, if you want to be an energy efficient gamer buy a console.

Seriously.. I have a GTX 480 (the most power hungry single GPU card out there) and my bill isn't bad at all.

It's up too Luke, but he wants his computer before next year, and IVY Bridge last time i checked doesn't even have a confirmed in stone release date yet.

Luke[Dumke480]

Thread author
Oct 28, 2011
Nathan Wootton said:
Just noticed you don't have SP1 installed?

there's actually a funny story about that.. i've tried three times, From Windows update, from Microsoft, from Windows Update on alt Drive.. they all ended up failing and corrupting my OS..

Exorcizm said:
Nathan Wootton said:
Just noticed you don't have SP1 installed?

Wow, very observant ;)

Yeah Luke, update to SP1!!

Maybe? I might if the Update has been fixed and doesn't corrupt my OS :|
Nathan Wootton said:

Clever Cookie :D