Troubleshoot My 7 year old downloaded a virus on his tablet HELP

Duane Blomberg

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Oct 15, 2017
My 7 year old got a talking virus on his lenovo tab 3 a7
It locked up completely on the home screen i couldn't really do anything with it but do a factory reset
To sum up the problem im stuck on a verify your account screen saying "device was reset sign in with google account that device was previously synced with"
Im not sure the email that was used for the tablet at the time i bought it for him

Can someone please help

Attachments

• 23768906_291686014676891_1420188161_o (1).jpg
    23768906_291686014676891_1420188161_o (1).jpg
    703.5 KB · Views: 638
Reactions: Rengar

Bleak

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Sep 5, 2017
What's your full tablet model?

You may try following this guide on a fix that may work for you, because unfortunately your last resort would be completely wiping the current ROM by flashing another one, but first we should try possible workaround for the issue before proceeding to the last solution.

[Solution] Device was reset. Sign in with Google Account that was Previously Synced

It's advised for everyone who's going to reset their Android, if you don't remember your gmail then you first have to delete any google account from your Android before wiping it.

Raheel99

Level 1
Verified
Sep 15, 2016
It is called FRP (Factory Reset Protection). I read somewhere that there are some methods available for removing FRP without flashing ROM.

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.