System logs
I did not upload the FRST.txt logs
Operating System
Android
Antivirus
Malwarebytes
About two weeks ago I began seeing pop up ads on my phone. I have basic knowledge on how to remove viruses on PC computers through system restore, but this is something more complex. As I am typing this I am experiencing pop ups in Google chrome from a site called crypto.newsspace.com. I tried to find apps that may have been installed without my permission, but couldn't find it. So, I deleted apps that I thought may be the issue. Today I received an email from my own email, from someone who hacked my email and has threatened to blackmail me by sending videos to my contacts for a large sum of money. I will attach screenshots of the email. Please help, I do not know what else to do. Malwarebites and other virus apps cannot detect it.

Operating System
Other Operating System (Specify in thread)
Infection date and initial symptoms
Two weeks ago, with pop up ads. Then I experienced pop up web pages to crypto.newsspace.com. I now have a threatening email from myself saying that they have hacked my phone and personal information.
Current issues and symptoms
Pop up webpage in chrome called crypto.newsspace.com .
Steps taken in order to remove the infection
Tried to delete unknown apps, disabled notifications, downloaded various apps that did not detect the issue at all.

Attachments

Operating System
Android
Antivirus
Malwarebytes
Indeed, however on continuously getting pop ups on Google chrome from a bitcoin site. It's very annoying.

Operating System
Android
Antivirus
Malwarebytes
Indeed, however on continuously getting pop ups on Google chrome from a bitcoin site. It's very annoying.
Here is the link that keeps popping up: https://crypto-news.space/en/crypto-currency/worlds-largest-crypto-exchange-binance-looks-to-add-new-stablecoins/attachment/23584102_10155167717567615_1815997961_o/#ad

Last edited by a moderator:

aag14

Operating System
Android
Antivirus
Malwarebytes
I have the same problem with constantly popping up "crypto-news.space" tabs in chrome as well as with popping up app windows titled "Promotion". While doing backup I accidentally found a folder /Phone/Android/data/com.instagram.android/cache/ExoPlayerCacheDir ,
described here: Quick and Dirty — Exploit Analysis — Stagefright.H!Gen. They say it might be very risky and that it comes potentially via instagram, through links and/or videos.