• Streaming audio/video content from trusted sites or paid subscriptions
Computer specs
Ausus Motherboard
Intel i3 7th gen
CrosAr 4GB DDR4
Intel HD Graphics 630
1 TB Western Digital (SATA )
Notes by Staff Team
  1. This setup configuration does not have a backup plan. We strongly recommend to add a backup solution for your data so that you can restore it in the case of an emergency.
    Backing up allows the recovery of data that has been lost due of a malware attack (eg. ransomware) or a hard disk crash. In such events you might lose family photos, your music collection, documents, or financial data. Backups are fast and simple to perform so it should be done on a regular basis.

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
@zeff:
  • It would be interesting to harden Your Windows Defender, via 3rd party tools such as Hard Configurator, or NVT SysHardener and/or NVT OSA.
  • As for "Virus and Malware Removal Tools", You may add: ZAM Free and HitMan.Pro Free and Norton Power Eraser.
  • As for "Disk Imaging Backup", You may add Macrium Reflect Free or AOEMI Backupper, both are free and reliably.
  • Consider also to run manual backups of important data to external devices.
  • A PassWord Manager would be welcome also.
Please kindly reflect Your changes editing Your config, and announcing them here, thanks for sharing Your config :giggle:

Last edited:

LDogg

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
Definitely essential to have some form of a backup medium. Especially if you accidentally delete a file or run into a piece of ransonware.

I'd suggest using Macrium Reflect.

~LDogg

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.