Is this a good setup ?

• Good

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • Bad

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters
D

Deleted member 178

winpatrol is not needed, better remove it, OA already does its job.

jim lin

Level 8
Aug 6, 2012
hello

i would not remove winpatrol plus because you payed for it just desable it from startup as it could conflict with OA

i doin't think McLovin ment backup your folders but your hole computer like a imaging program if you get in trouble it's nice to have a way to restore

it looks ok to me but i'm not a big fan of AVG because of the past history of it i think Avast would be a better choice but if you like AVG keep using it :)

thanks

James

fearlessscientist

Thread author
Verified
Sep 10, 2013
Thanks for the feedback. I haven't used an imaging program before. Which one is recommended ? How different is imaging from system restore ?

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Macrium Reflect Free is one I can recommend. You can read up the different types of backup software here. System Restore is not explained in the previous link, but here's what it is here (from Windows Help).

You can create a Recovery Disc in Windows 7, and optionally a System Image if you don't choose to use third-party options.

Hope this is helpful.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.