phobic configuration

phobic

Level 1
Thread author
Feb 22, 2016
This my 1st time I've seen on-demand scanner using virustotal :D
Actually nothing wrong...

you can use Hitman Pro, Zemana AntiMalware or Malwarebytes

Well, let me explain. When I download something too suspicious I scan it using virustotal if possible. Mostly I'm counting on Virtual Machines and snapshots or utilities like Shadow Defender. I really don't remember the last time I used to scan my PC on demand but if I have to do it, I will use rescue media (Kaspersky Rescue Disk for example) to perform a boot scan or simply install Avast and start the boot scan. Although when it comes to deal with someone's infected PC I use tools like ComboFix, Autoruns, Malwarebytes Chameleon, GMER, etc. Some time ago I also used online scanners like ESET, Panda or whatever I find after googling for something like "online antivirus scan" :)

Last edited:

Rishi

Level 19
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 3, 2015
Nice and simple config:)
I like it how you are using some of the default Windows services/tools for your day-to-day activity.Just one suggestion from my side please make sure you use sync feature to backup your browser settings and passwords and also if possible, put a master password on the built in browser password manager so that the sensitive data remains encrypted and safe.
If virustotal is your choice for an on demand scanner you might be interested in VirusTotal uploader/ Phrozen VTUploader which can scan multiple files right from the desktop.Another approach can be file checksums using Hash checker from context menu.

Keep the OS, software ,browser/plugins updated for maximum protection.
Thanks for sharing:)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.