Battle My Kaspersky is Going to Expire. Please suggest me any of the Security solution

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrExplorer

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Nov 15, 2012
Please suggest me any security software which i can you my kaspersky is going to expire in 1 week please suggest me i want order my new security software as fast as i can.

My Requirement:
1.Good User Interface
2.Fast
3.Offcourse a good dectection rate
4.Supports windows 8

I had ordered ESET Smart Security by consulting UmbraCorp. i will get my ESET in 1 or 2 hours

Reactions: Logethica

maaster

Level 1
Aug 5, 2012
ESET Smart Security 6...It satisfies the first three requirements but I don't know about the 4th one though!ESS 6 is now in release candidate stage ...but I don't know whether it is now fully compatible with win 8..

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
maaster said:
Umbra Corp. said:
ESET SS all the way
ESS 5 not compatible with win 8!but ESS 6 which is now in RC...is it compatible with win 8?

I have ESET Smart Security 5 installed and running on windows 8

ESET Smart Security 5

System Requirements

Processors supported: Intel or AMD x86-x64

Operating Systems:

Microsoft Windows 8
Microsoft Windows 7
Microsoft Windows Vista
Microsoft Windows XP
Microsoft Windows 2000

Learn more about ESET and Windows 8 compatibility

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
I voted for KIS 2013 as I use it on my desktop and laptop in windows 7.ESET Smart Security is also a good choice which I use on my dual boot windows 8.I would suggest try ESET RC 6 and use one of the 3 month trial keys available and see how you like it.This will give you time to test another product before throwing down $ on one.

Here is a link to grab a 3 month license which will work on both Smart Security 5 as well as RC 6

http://malwaretips.com/Thread-Promo-Eset-Smart-Security-Antivirus-Mobile-Security-90-days-free

woomera

Level 7
Verified
Jan 15, 2012
well personally i doubt anything else would satisfy you after using kaspersky. but i also suggest giving these a test drive trial base and then decide:
-GData (poor firewall but powerfull AV so i dont suggest IS)
-Emsisoft (good AV but no IS and just a separate FW,also lack many advance features other AV's have like script blocking)
-Panda IS (very nice suite but detection is not as good)

also you can get F-Secure suite for free for even more than a year here:
http://malwaretips.com/Thread-free-one-year-license-for-fsecure-internet-security-2012
their AV uses couple of engines including Bitdefender so the detection is FANTASTIC. the key is for 2012 ver but can be used in 2013 ver which is compatible with windows 8.they dont have their own FW instead it controls windows own FW so think of it as a Windows Firewall Controller.

D

Deleted member 178

woomera said:
-Emsisoft (good AV but no IS and just a separate FW,also lack many advance features other AV's have like script blocking)

Emsisoft IS = EAM + OAP = AV (emsi + bit defender)+ BB + HIPS + registry/dll/file shield + DNS checker + Hosts filter

more than enough

madyrocksin

Jul 30, 2012
Tom172 said:
My vote goes to ESET

Ofcourse, I am kidding. Kaspersky all the way.

Is Kaspersky seriously lighter than ESET :huh:
have been 3 yrs since i last used it, only problem was a bit heavy and detetcion issues

KLMALWAREHUNTER

Level 3
Oct 20, 2012
madyrocksin said:
Tom172 said:
My vote goes to ESET

have been 3 yrs since i last used it, only problem was a bit heavy and detetcion issues

The only thing for decide an AV or other is not if is ligth or not. The versions 2013 are not a lot of heavy, but i think that is not for old computers.

What detecction issues? :)

Take care.

madyrocksin

Jul 30, 2012
KLMALWAREHUNTER said:
madyrocksin said:
Tom172 said:
My vote goes to ESET

The only thing for decide an AV or other is not if is ligth or not. The versions 2013 are not a lot of heavy, but i think that is not for old computers.

What detecction issues? :)

Take care.

every week i could find a malware trojan in my system :p
but that was not the real issue to be true,

KIS was probably my only paid solution so far, i would try again if it has gone a bit lighter.

I know lightness can't be an AV decider but can be one when you are actually looking for a light AV with average detection :D

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
madyrocksin said:

I have used both,Eset since version 2.I think ESET is lighter than Kaspersky especially on startup but to be honest I have never really noticed that big of difference between the 2 to make me not want to use one or the other.They are both very strong.I like a some of the features in KIS over ESET and seem to get more false positives with eset.However I think if I was thinking about making the move from Kaspersky,I would go with ESET especially with the release of Version 6 after thestart of the year

madyrocksin

Jul 30, 2012
White Nobster said:
madyrocksin said:

I have used both,Eset since version 2.I think ESET is lighter than Kaspersky especially on startup but to be honest I have never really noticed that big of difference between the 2 to make me not want to use one or the other.They are both very strong.I like a some of the features in KIS over ESET and seem to get more false positives with eset.However I think if I was thinking about making the move from Kaspersky,I would go with ESET especially with the release of Version 6 after thestart of the year
what all kis version u have tried ???

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
2007-2013 as well as Pure 2.0 mostly KIS but a few KAV with seperate firewall.Used Nod32 Antivirus with sperate firewall until the release of Smart Security.Both of these have kept all my PC's clean and Virus free for many years.I think for windows 8 users ESET 6 would be a wise choice if I were shopping around for a change from Kaspersky.Especially with 3 month trials of ESET you can use it for free and make a decision after you give it a test drive.As far as the lightness issue I think most of these security suites are going to tax any older PC.Since my Machines are new and relatively new the issue of lightness is not really a problem.Different configurations will have different results.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.