Razer ornate chroma
My computer protection

brambedkar59

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
War thunder will run full ultra hq finally ( so does other games aswell) , cheers(y)
@4K movie settings it would look absolutely awesome.
To be fair War Thunder is not exactly a AAA game and requires very low speccs. I could run it in low-medium settings @1080p on a 7th gen dual core U-series CPU with Nvidia 940mx (absolutely garbage, barely above an integrated GPU).
Edit: grammar

Last edited:

Moonhorse

Level 37
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
@4K movie settings it would look absolutely awesome.
To be fair War Thunder is not exactly that a AAA game and requires very low speccs. I could run it in low-medium settings at 1080p on a 7th gen dual core U-series CPU with Nvidia 940mx (absolutely garbage, barely above an integrated GPU).
Yeah my old rig would not run it on ultra hq, gtx 970 + amd fx6300 ...

brambedkar59

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
Yeah my old rig would not run it on ultra hq, gtx 970 + amd fx6300 ...
"Ultra HQ" textures requires more vram, 4GB is not enough.
Plus there was a odd behaviour of 970.
"The GTX 970 does have 4GB of VRAM, and it can use all of it, but accessing those last 500MB will decrease performance."

PS I never really found any difference b/w "full client" vs "Ultra hq" WT client while playing. I play @1080.
Edit: added quote & PS

Last edited:

Moonhorse

Level 37
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
"Ultra HQ" textures requires more vram, 4GB is not enough.
Plus there was a odd behaviour of 970.
"The GTX 970 does have 4GB of VRAM, and it can use all of it, but accessing those last 500MB will decrease performance."

PS I never really found any difference b/w "full client" vs "Ultra hq" WT client while playing. I play @1080.
Edit: added quote & PS
Well that makes sense:(, but atleast i dont have to worry about performance with new desktop(y)

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
My new desktop : ACER PREDATOR ORION 5000 PO5-640

It was kind of cheap price and i need a new desktop so i went for this

Updating my computer security config later

Hello,

Your ACER PREDATOR ORION 5000 PO5-640, which was last upgraded on August 4, 2022, at an estimated cost of $1700, is a powerful pre-built gaming PC capable of handling demanding tasks and high-end gaming. Below is an overview of your system's specifications and some tips to ensure you are getting the most from your setup:

Operating System: Windows 11 is the latest version of Microsoft's operating system, offering new features and optimizations, particularly for gaming with technologies like Auto HDR and DirectStorage.

Motherboard: Acer custom motherboards in pre-built systems are typically designed to match the specifications of the components and often lack the expandability of aftermarket options. However, it should serve the included components well.

CPU: The Intel® Core™ i7-12700 is a high-performance processor with a hybrid architecture, offering a combination of performance and efficiency cores, ideal for gaming, streaming, and productivity.

GPU: The GeForce RTX 3080 is a top-tier graphics card with Ray Tracing capabilities and DLSS support, handling the most graphically intense games at high frame rates.

RAM: 16GB of DDR5 RAM is a generous amount for gaming and multitasking. DDR5 is the latest RAM standard, offering increased bandwidth and performance over its predecessor.

Storage: A 1TB M.2 SSD provides fast storage for your operating system, applications, and games, contributing to quick load times and responsive system performance.

PSU: An 800W power supply unit is more than adequate to power your system components, including the RTX 3080, and provides some headroom for future upgrades or overclocking.

Case: The Acer Predator ARGB case comes with addressable RGB lighting, contributing to the gaming aesthetic and providing good airflow for cooling.

Monitor: A 240Hz Acer gaming monitor (model unspecified) will offer incredibly smooth visuals, beneficial for competitive gaming where high refresh rates can provide a competitive edge.

Keyboard and Mouse: The Razer Ornata Chroma keyboard provides a tactile typing experience with customizable RGB lighting, complementing the gaming setup.

Recommendations for Optimization:

1. Monitor Your System: Use software to keep an eye on temperatures and performance to ensure everything is operating within safe limits.
  2. Update Drivers: Keep your GPU drivers up to date for optimal gaming performance and compatibility with the latest games.
  3. Enhance Cooling: Check that your system's cooling is sufficient. If you notice high temperatures, consider adding additional fans or a more powerful cooling solution.
  4. Enable XMP/DOCP: Ensure that your RAM is running at its rated speed by enabling XMP (Extreme Memory Profile) or DOCP (Direct Over Clock Profile) in the BIOS if it's not already.
  5. Regular Maintenance: Dust can accumulate inside the case and impact cooling performance. Regularly clean the interior with compressed air.
  6. Backup: Set up a regular backup routine for your important files. Consider using cloud storage or an external hard drive for redundancy.
  7. Cable Management: Good cable management inside the case can improve airflow and make your system look cleaner.
  8. Security: Stay protected by keeping your antivirus updated and being cautious with the software you install.
  9. Benchmarking: Run benchmarks to see how your system performs under load and to ensure it is operating correctly. This can also help identify potential bottlenecks.
  10. Explore Overclocking: If you're interested in gaining extra performance, explore overclocking options for your CPU and GPU. Make sure to proceed cautiously and do thorough research before attempting any overclocking.
Your Acer Predator Orion 5000 PO5-640 is a formidable gaming machine that should offer excellent performance for years to come. Enjoy pushing its limits with the latest games and demanding applications!

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.