Real-time security
Eset Smart Security 10, NVT, Malwarbytes Anti Exploit, Zemana AntiMalware,
Firewall security
Periodic malware scanners
Malwarebytes, HitmanPro, ....
Malware sample testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Browsers:Chrome, FireFox, CyberFox
Extension: LastPass, Checker Plus for Gmail, HTTPS Everywhere, Streak CRM for Gmail, uBlock Origin, VTchromizer
Maintenance tools
Kerish Doctor, PrivaZer
File and Photo backup
Easeus Todo Backup
System recovery
Easeus Todo Backup

Shadowave

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Aug 10, 2012
I also have installed Windows 8.1 in dual boot and it have only ESET Smart Security installed at this time.

Reactions: ZeroDay

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
good config, nothing much else to say ;) just why CIS "pro" ?
Thanks for your config! I've read many good things here about Comodo (though mainly their CIS 6 Free AV & Firewall). Let me guess, oh Jedi Master (Umbra Polaris)... Might User Account Control, together with sensible caution, provide sufficient protection for one's typically dual boot-ed 7/8.1 system? Honestly, terene, I was very impressed upon reading that last bit about dual boot!:)

D

Deleted member 178

UAC is a feature possessed by all windows since Vista (so Vista, seven and 8), dual boot is just installing two OS on the same HDD/computer (linux-based OS, Windows, etc...), so Terene will have UAC in both; and yes it will be enough especially when he set it to "always"

P.S: i hate Jedis , i love Sith :p

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
UAC is a feature possessed by all windows since Vista (so Vista, seven and 8), dual boot is just installing two OS on the same HDD/computer (linux-based OS, Windows, etc...), so Terene will have UAC in both; and yes it will be enough especially when he set it to "always"

P.S: i hate Jedis , i love Sith :p
Please, "aaack":eek: "Lord Vader,it..itt was a ssslip of th.. ttoun..!":confused: Body *flops* lifelessly to floor........................

Reactions: Deleted member 178

Shadowave

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Aug 10, 2012
I removed CIS 7 and added Eset Nod32 + Comodo Firewall + Eam and added Aomei Backupper Pro( backup) and Adblock ( browser extension). I would like some opinions on what firewall or other security solution I could put with Eset Nod 32.

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
I would like some opinions on what firewall or other security solution I could put with Eset Nod 32.

You mentioned that you add Comodo Firewall to your ESET NOD 32 AV which is fine if wanted to configure more complex type.

+ Unless your still using Sandboxie and Shadow defender which is fine too therefore everything is solid on configuration. (from your top post)

Shadowave

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Aug 10, 2012
I do not do almost nothing on my PC without Sandboxie and Shadow Defender. :):D

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.