Browser(s) and extensions
no
Maintenance tools
no

ghost2000

Level 1
Thread author
Jul 29, 2014
This is my security config. At current time I am operating with one core so tHE PERFORMANCE IS POOR

D

Deleted member 178

Maybe you could use a anti-executable like NVT exeRadarPro , it uses low resources and then complement it with an On-Demand scanner like Hitman Pro ; so you will be protected without having a real-time AV eating up your resource usage.

DJ Panda

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
You should add Malwarebytes Anti-Malware as an On Demand Scanner, Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit for protection, and Avast as an anti-virus.2

Reactions: Noxx

enaph

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 14, 2011
You should add Malwarebytes Anti-Malware as an On Demand Scanner, Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit for protection, and Avast as an anti-virus.2
I would better suggest HitmanPro and HitmanPro.Alert since they are more complex tools (especially HMP.A compared to MBAE) and HMP is working in the cloud using 2 most powerful av engines: Bitdefender and Kaspersky Lab.

N

Noxx

What browser do you use? I can respect not overloading your computer with system tuning/utilities, but maybe at least CCleaner? No system backup? Also, consider a password manager. Since you use Windows 7 Firewall, it might not hurt to add another real-time protection as others have suggested. It does appear like you're going for a very simple config, which isn't bad, but I think it needs some work.

enaph

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 14, 2011
If you want to keep your config as simple as possible but you still want to feel secure then you should try AppGuard or VoodooShield.

Reactions: Noxx

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.