MyDefrag disk defragmenter and optimizer best defrag

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
MyDefrag disk defragmenter and optimizer best defrag to pick up by you, please!..

My MyDefrag 'is a disk defragmenter and optimizer (a maintenance utility to make your harddisk faster) for Windows 2000, 2003, XP, Vista, 2008, Win7, and for X64. It is freeware, no time limit, fully functional, no advertisements. Fast, low overhead, with many optimization strategies, can handle floppies, USB disks, memory sticks, and anything else that looks like a disk to Windows.'

Home page: http://www.mydefrag.com/

MyDefrag defragmenter and optimizer tool I use with full confidence and 0 problems, since 2009.

:idea: Quote:
'Defragmentation:
Imagine a book split into several parts, some pages are over here, other pages in another room on another floor altogether. You will have to walk a lot when you need to read the book. It may sound silly, but this is exactly what happens to files on your harddisk. Defragmentation will put all the parts (fragments) back together, making your computer a lot faster.
Optimization:
Imagine a big library with lots of books, spread out all over the building and not sorted whatsoever. There is an index telling you exactly where every book is, but you will have to walk a lot when you need several books. This is exactly what happens on your harddisk, the files that belong to an application can be all over the place, anywhere on the harddisk. Optimization will bring all the files together in one place, leaving the rest of the harddisk empty, and will sort the files, for example alphabetically.
Defragmentation and optimization will not only make a harddisk faster, but also lengthen it's life span, because the disk will have less work to do and therefore have less wear and tear. Also, it will refresh and strengthen the magnetic data on the harddisk by simply reading the (weakened) data and writing it afresh.'

'MyDefrag organizes files into zones, such as directories, Windows files, files used while booting, regular files, and rarely used files. The most accessed files are placed at the beginning of the harddisk, and files that are commonly used together are placed in close proximity to each other. This results in a dramatic speed increase, and is in fact more important than defragmentation'.

Thank you so much, J.C. Kessels!

Last edited:

moonshine

Level 7
Verified
Apr 19, 2011
RE: MyDefrag disk defragmenter and optimizer

I have heard of this before but haven't tried this out myself since I've been using Auslogics Disk Defrag ever since.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011

MyDefrag was known as JKDefrag before it changed.

moonshine

Level 7
Verified
Apr 19, 2011

Why focus on the GUI when the actual software itself is good? Anyways, The GUI is easy to navigate and use so no problems with that.

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011

@WinAndLinuxTutorials,

I have a habit .. to check the MyDefrag result - with native Windows defrag (I activate 'Analysis' only). So I see only two colored compact 'spots': the first blue at the beginning (files defragmented and optimized) and green (unmovable files). That's it. This greatly increases my satisfaction every time. My cat loves it too, it follows the process flow like me ..

I am sure, that you too will be satisfied.

@Maximus: And GUI is very pleasant for me.

@BoXX28, Thank you!

@Earth: yes, JKDefrag before ..

And thanks again, J.C. Kessels!

I like to help independent developers.

Last edited:

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011

Why use MyDefrag defragger instead of the ..;)

Much faster.
Totally automatic, extremely easy to use.
•Optimized for daily use.
Disk optimization, several strategies.
Directories are moved to the beginning of the disk.
•Reclaims MFT reserved space after disk-full.
•Maintains free spaces for temporary files.
•Can defragment very full harddisks.
•Can defragment very large files.
•Can defragment individual directories and files.
•Can be run automatically with the Windows Scheduler.
•Can be used from the commandline.
•Can be used as a screen saver.
Can be run from cdrom or memory stick.
•Sources available, can be customized.

Summary: the Best I find.

Here on filehippo.com: http://www.filehippo.com/download_mydefrag/

Last edited:

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
So I usually do, after start of MyDefrag - only 1 click: Run. Because I've grayed Monthly Data Disk, and C: checked. Everything happens automatically, without further action, until 'Done' ad on it. Very fast and pleasant.

Last edited:

KelvinW4

Level 1
May 8, 2012
Prorootect said:
So I usually do, after start of MyDefrag - only 1 click: Run. Because I've grayed Monthly Data Disk, and C: checked. So everything happens automatically, without further action, until 'Done' ad on it. Very fast and pleasant.
I do feel good as my computer runs slightly faster after every defrag :biggrin:

Jaspion

Level 17
Verified
Jun 5, 2013
For those that like MyDefrag, I have created a new forum dedicated to it. It's worth taking a look. After all these years, MyDefrag is still the best tool to optimize hard drives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.