Myrul Jihyn Security Setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myrul Jihyn

Level 1
Thread author
Mar 7, 2017
so this is my pc security configuration and i think its not a good configuration. just let me know if you have better idea for my security config. thanks

Myrul Jihyn

Level 1
Thread author
Mar 7, 2017
I would like to suggest a backup solution for you. Give either Macrium Reflect or Aomei Backupper, both have a good free and reliable for you to use. ;)
thanks for your suggestion...i will download and install it later when i got better internet connection hahaha XD

Reactions: Vasudev

FrFc1908

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 28, 2016
if it whas up to me I would definately get rid of AVG PcTuneup. reason for me saying this is because this program is pure snakeoil , noting useful : a placebo. you are better of with ccleaner and if you want to pay for an optimisation suite , kerish doctor is the only one worth paying for! get rid of the avast safeprice extension and add https everywhere and privacy badger as extensions , if you do not have an adblocker extension get ublock origin.

Myrul Jihyn

Level 1
Thread author
Mar 7, 2017
if it whas up to me I would definately get rid of AVG PcTuneup. reason for me saying this is because this program is pure snakeoil , noting useful : a placebo. you are better of with ccleaner and if you want to pay for an optimisation suite , kerish doctor is the only one worth paying for! get rid of the avast safeprice extension and add https everywhere and privacy badger as extensions , if you do not have an adblocker extension get ublock origin.
thanks for your suggestions..ive installed privacy badger. i read about privacy badger and ublock origin but i dont know the differences between them and the real function. oh and i use avg only because its has live optimization feature, i used system mechanic before but the trial has expired.

Myrul Jihyn

Level 1
Thread author
Mar 7, 2017
something bad with avast safeprice? right now i have 6 extensions installed in chrome which is AdBlock (the hand sign and red background, not adblock plus), IDM, avast safeprice, avast link scanner, youtube hd, and privacy badger. if i installed junk extension just let me know, i will remove them ;)

I would add ZAM Free and MalwareBytes.

Replace Adblock with uBlock Origin.

Add HTTPS Everywhere.

Follow suggestions about backups, it is very important.

Thanks for sharing.
since i already installed avast, can i just install malwarebytes only for the second layer protection?
and for the backup solution, i found a software called Juzt-Reboot Pro. is it okay? it is lightweight and easy to manage

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Vasudev

JM Safe

Level 39
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 12, 2015
Juzt-Reboot Pro
I don't know this software, I think the best free backup solutions are Macrium or AOMEI Backupper, but if it works well for you, then use it.

since i already installed avast, can i just install malwarebytes only for the second layer protection?
Well you could also add only MalwareBytes, I suggested also ZAM because it's one of the most used on-demand scanners, but it's up to you. ;)

FrFc1908

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 28, 2016
for secure backup just use macrium reflect free avast safeprice is just adware. ublock origin is better than adblock , because it is more advanced and well maintained.you do not need mbam as a realtime protection , it is only worth as having it a a secondary on demand scanner! you can ad emsisoft emergency kit as an ondemand scanner also :)

JHomes

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Jul 7, 2016
This has been brought up already, but sheesh, no backups. I get it though, backups are like insurance. You don't think you need it till you do, at that point it's too late.

I also get that it's a painful process. Like clipping my dogs nails, or doing my laundry, I just don't like backing up the computer.

Here's what I recommend, grab Rollback Rx Home Edition. It's freeware, so download away. That's your data backup. Then grab Macrium Reflect, that's your system backup. That's also free. Now you have a system and data backup, and it costs you nothing. Pat yourself on the shoulder meatbag.

If you like it, you can always upgrade to Rollback Pro and Drive Cloner Rx, and that compatibility is nice, for $100 I think it's worth it but leave it to you.

Otherwise, what firewall are you using? Did I miss that? :confused:

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
First and foremost implement some type of system & data backup solution.
Real time protection is not an on demand scanner therefore consider adding an on demand scanner(s).
CCleaner is more than enough.Consider replacing AVG Tune Up with CCleaner.
Replace ABD with uBlock Origin.
Thanks for sharing your config :)

Reactions: MWNu72 and JM Safe

Myrul Jihyn

Level 1
Thread author
Mar 7, 2017
thanks guys ^_^ ive made some improvement:
- Replaced ABP with uBlock Origin
- Installed HTTPS Everywhere, Privacy Badger
- Installed Faronics Deep Free Standard and EaseUS Todo Backup Home
- Removed AVG PC TuneUp (still finding replacement)
- Installed Zemana AntiMalware Premium
i think thats all ive done. leave some comments about my security improvement
thanks ^_^

Reactions: Sunshine-boy

Arequire

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Feb 10, 2017
thanks guys ^_^ ive made some improvement:
- Replaced ABP with uBlock Origin
- Installed HTTPS Everywhere, Privacy Badger
- Installed Faronics Deep Free Standard and EaseUS Todo Backup Home
- Removed AVG PC TuneUp (still finding replacement)
- Installed Zemana AntiMalware Premium
i think thats all ive done. leave some comments about my security improvement
thanks ^_^
You can remove Privacy Badger. uBlock Origin covers ad & tracker blocking.

Reactions: Myrul Jihyn
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.