Status
Not open for further replies.

vrb93

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Jan 15, 2014
Hello friends! :)

I was surfing on youtube when I had a look to a review (posted link) of Nano Antivirus.

Just read something around on MalwareTips, but didn't find many topic about this product.
It's a lot of time it's in beta, but performed well in this test.

I am not saying that this product is the ultimate malware protection, nor it's a good/bad/perfect AV basing myself on a single review or test. :D

I would just know your opinions about this AV and why it's not very common among our members. ;)

Callender

Level 1
Verified
Aug 16, 2014
Installed NANO AV last yeat and ran it for a couple of months. After removing NANO AV and switching to a different AV - full scans with several well known stand alone scanners revealed no infections. It did it's job well.

All I can say is that it's a BETA product and has been for a very long time. On the plus side it's free.

I stopped using it after getting fed up with needing to fully remove then reinstall NANO AV every time a product update was available. This was as a result of using Comodo Firewall (my choice) which always interfered with the update process. If was easier to disable the firewall, reinstall NANO AV then add installed files to the trusted list.

Behold Eck

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 22, 2014
Good review.

Just got the feeling that it`ll be in beta for years to come as it`s been around for so long.

The detection rates and web-filter seem decent, at least it`s not yet another bitdefender clone.:rolleyes:

Maybe beta in Russian means finished product ?:D

Regards Eck:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.