Solved Need assistance for Error Recovery message on Windows Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.

dumb blonde

Thread author
Sep 17, 2013
Hi can anyone help me??? My computer is using vista home 32bit. I try to start and keep getting a windows error recovery message. It say either put in your installation disk, or use safe modes. last confirguration, start windows normally.
Anyway I tried every thing, ive put in the cd as im happy to reload windows, it wont run. Ive tried all the modes and keep getting the same screen back. I can do the , f10 button but not know where to go from there. I just want to reinstall from the cd. F10 gives edit boot options wndow and I have this at the bottom of the screen [/noexecute=optin ]
I have no idea what im doing except going crazy and would like to smash the dam thing!!!! Can any smarty out there help me at all?
PPPPPLLLEEEASEE? THANKS V MUCH!

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
RE: CAN ANYONE HELP ME! IM GOING NUTS!

How old is your hard drive? the reason I ask it sounds like your hard drive has went bad.

Before this happened, did you have any problems with your system?
Did you or someone else using this system, download, execute or install new programs, drivers, etc.?
Did anyone run any registry cleaners or system maintenance or tweaking tools?

Do you have the original recovery disks that came with this system?

Thanks. :D

Upvote 0

dumb blonde

Thread author
Sep 17, 2013
Hi thanks for a quick reply, i did have the disk it wouldnt run, so i ended up changing the hard drive over & bingo, so i think you were right. I lost everything but i dont care, at least it working again, thank again

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.