Need Free Announce Caller ID Option For Android 9 On Moto G7 Play

goodjohnjr

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Jul 11, 2018
Hello,

Recently I upgraded most of my family from Nokia Lumia 635s (512 MB Edition) that had Windows Phone 8.1 to Motorola Moto G7 Plays with Android 9.

Windows Phone 8.1 had a built-in accessibility feature that would say out-loud who is calling you so you would know who is calling without even having to look at your phone, it would announce a phone number or a name depending on what you have set up in your Contacts for that phone number, but I do not see this option yet under the accessibility options (they are a pain and annoyance on Android) or the Phone app option et cetera on Android 9 or in any of the Motorola apps that were pre-installed.

I have looked around online to see that some older versions of Android had this, some companies like Samsung and maybe LG have this option on their phones and maybe Motorola used to, and I contacted Motorola support who seemed to know nothing about this and just told me to contact T-Mobile which makes no sense to me.

So now it seems that maybe my only option is going to be to try to find a free app to do this that we can trust and that is not overly ad-filled?

When glancing around most of them look like they are not really trustworthy, are ad-filled, and may not even work properly based on some of the reviews.

Does anyone know of any free trustworthy options for Android 9 on the Motorola Moto G7 Play that we can use to announce caller ID for phone calls and/or texts?

Thank you,
-John Jr

Reactions: Gandalf_The_Grey

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.