Need help configuring Outpost Internet Security Pro.

Status
Not open for further replies.

grimreaper1014

Level 3
Thread author
Jul 9, 2011
Hello,

I recently changed from Bitdefender Internet Security 2012 to Outpost Internet Security. I did not like the way Bitdefender slowed down web browsing due to problems with the HTTP scanner. I have very minimal experience with Outpost. I am trying to make sure I am configured and secured properly. I am connected to a Netgear WNR3500L flashed to TomatoUSB. I do not use file sharing or print sharing with any of the other computers that are connected. So far all settings in Outpost are at their default settings. I also have Kingsoft PC Doctor installed as a on demand scanner. I am using Windows 7 x64. Could someone please offer me some suggestions on how to configure Outpost or point me to a guide? As I have mentioned I am new to this suite and it seams like there is a lot to take in. When I peaked in the settings option there is a lot of stuff I know nothing about. I figured the best bet would be to post here. I am just tired of worrying about virus's etc. I really need you guys help with this problem. I tried to give as much information as I could. If there is any other information needed please let me know. Thanks in advance everyone, and I greatly appreciate it.

~Grim

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
What did you chose at the first installation screen ?
3mhtB.png

It's good to know that this product has a very good prevention rate however a not so great detection rate as they are using the VBA32 av engine..
Also you should start a thread in this forum > http://malwaretips.com/Forum-Security-Configuration-Wizard , as a true system protection is achieved via multiple layers and we need to know a few other things like your general computer knowledge level.

grimreaper1014

Level 3
Thread author
Jul 9, 2011
I just choose simple during the install. I will start a thread there as well. Should I uninstall and reinstall and use a different AV? I saw some post where people were doing that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.