Need help planning out my very soon coming up College Life

Plebman123

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Aug 30, 2017
Hello! Since I only have 1 *School Year* left till im shipped out into the real world. I also would like to plan ahead even though anything can happen between then and now. I'm really looking to going for a Major in CyberSecurity and I have a college in-mind Cybersecurity Bachelor’s Degree | Online & On Campus
I like the overall feel of the college and the ¨2.5 year bachelor¨, which might not be true but the overall look and feel is great for me. The problem is that I would still need a job during the time, and since its a state away I was going for doing online school, so that would be easier on me and letting me have family help during that time. Since i'm not the best person for the real world. Just asking for any advice for the field or for just life in general, and in advanced thank you all for the advice and responses! :)

Plebman123

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Aug 30, 2017
Ecpi.edu is the best platform to choose your career and to get the information related to the academics. I am supporting ecpi.edu site for this kindly opportunity. It is necessary to build up a proper planning for very soon coming your college life. Actually the college life is deciding your life success.
That's what i'm looking for because of the low time to get my bachelor and its just the mixed views on the university which would be normal, for many reasons. Plus online might not have as much resources as on campus but i'm sure that it will work out just fine!

Weebarra

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 5, 2017
It seems like you are sorted out now @Plebman123 and all i can do is wish you the very best of luck in your venture. With regards to "life in general" be prepared for the unexpected, people can give you all the advice in the world but it will never prepare you for what lies ahead so my advice is just go with the flow, you will find what works best for you, don't get stressed out and lean on your family and friends when you need to and build a good support network which i am sure you already have. The university will also have a support structure in place and if you need that, don't be afraid to use it. Sorry i can't help with your study queries as i only have some life experience i'm afraid but you will find your own way i am sure. :)

D

Deleted member 65228

That's what i'm looking for because of the low time to get my bachelor and its just the mixed views on the university which would be normal, for many reasons. Plus online might not have as much resources as on campus but i'm sure that it will work out just fine!
Do what you feel is right for you, and a qualification will assist you greatly when getting a job, but just remember that even if it goes south... Don't let the result grades determine what you are capable of :)

Plebman123

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Aug 30, 2017
It seems like you are sorted out now @Plebman123 and all i can do is wish you the very best of luck in your venture. With regards to "life in general" be prepared for the unexpected, people can give you all the advice in the world but it will never prepare you for what lies ahead so my advice is just go with the flow, you will find what works best for you, don't get stressed out and lean on your family and friends when you need to and build a good support network which i am sure you already have. The university will also have a support structure in place and if you need that, don't be afraid to use it. Sorry i can't help with your study queries as i only have some life experience i'm afraid but you will find your own way i am sure. :)

Do what you feel is right for you, and a qualification will assist you greatly when getting a job, but just remember that even if it goes south... Don't let the result grades determine what you are capable of :)
I want to thank you both for the encouraging words! I'm learning as much as I can before i go into it since I've always been fascinated by these things, but i prob should look into practicing VM malware testing :unsure:

D

Deleted member 65228

@Plebman123 What exactly are your goals? If you know of them and don't mind sharing then I might be able to extend my personal opinion for advice. I think that depending on what you plan on doing will depend on what you could try to study in your spare time as a hobby and which type of course to go into, etc...

A normal "cyber-security" course may cover the opposite of what you're actually interested in for cyber-security (e.g. web instead of desktop), or for computer science it might have a module about JavaScript instead of Assembly. Etc.

Plebman123

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Aug 30, 2017
@Plebman123 What exactly are your goals? If you know of them and don't mind sharing then I might be able to extend my personal opinion for advice. I think that depending on what you plan on doing will depend on what you could try to study in your spare time as a hobby and which type of course to go into, etc...

A normal "cyber-security" course may cover the opposite of what you're actually interested in for cyber-security (e.g. web instead of desktop), or for computer science it might have a module about JavaScript instead of Assembly. Etc.
Well i first started out wanting to fix computers,etc, then i got into Malware Prevention,etc since i know Cyber security has that bundled into it, I'm honestly up for doing anything mostly and learning it, since I want to know more things and be able to help more people,etc. My main goals are get my
Master of Science in Cybersecurity With Concentrations in Cyber Operations and Cybersecurity Policy, and get a job somewhere and settle down, but i know the job can be hard sometimes since I read that it might not have a 9-5 hours and might be at any time, which I'm fine with since I still would really enjoy the job,etc. But i think on the study on something as a hobby I would probably go for Game Development or Animation, since I'm taking classes now of it and I really enjoy it! So please let me if i should try another way to get to the "Malware-prevention" way or just a better way overall!

Reactions: Weebarra

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.