Advice Request Netcraft false positive or not ?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

JB007

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016
Hello,
Netcraft blocks a page in a well known French site "La Poste".
I'm wondering if it is a false positive or not :unsure:
VT : clean : VirusTotal
Sucuri : Medium Security Risk : Sucuri Security

Netcraft.PNG

Last edited by a moderator:

JB007

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016
Here on my browser (Brave) Netcraft doesn't block hxxps://www.laposte.fr/

Kaspersky Threat Intelligence Portal: CLEAN
Thanks @silversurfer
Yes the whole site is not blocked but only some pages.
If youwant you can get the address when you click on the VT link I have posted.

Last edited:

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
Thanks @silversurfer
Yes the whole site is not blocked but only some pages.
If youwant you can get the address when you click on the VT link I have posted.

Yes, I had taken your full-link from VT, all content looks like CLEAN, according to Kaspersky Threat Intelligence Portal.
Code:
http://www.laposte.fr/beaux-timbres/carnets/carnet-12-timbres-fleurs-cosmos-lettre-verte/p/1120484

JB007

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016
Yes, I had taken your full-link from VT, all content looks like CLEAN, according to Kaspersky Threat Intelligence Portal.
Code:
http://www.laposte.fr/beaux-timbres/carnets/carnet-12-timbres-fleurs-cosmos-lettre-verte/p/1120484
Thanks @silversurfer for the check
Did you try the full link with "your" Netcraft ?

Kongo

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017
What's the worse case scenario for "loading a malicious resource" on a modern, up to date browser and operating system?

I mean you mentioned an up to date browser and operating system, but there is always the possibility of a vulnerability within your system's applications.

JB007

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016
I tried on different browsers Brave & Edge, but Netcraft doesn't block any content of this website (laposte...) 🤷‍♂️
Hello @silversurfer,
Just to be sure that you made the same "clicks" on the site, Netcraft warns and block when I click to see the details of the stamps I want to buy.
netcraft.PNG

Last edited by a moderator:

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
What's the worse case scenario for "loading a malicious resource" on a modern, up to date browser and operating system?

Of course, it's like a unrealistic scenario as such cases happens rarely to home users...

Malicious website content => zero-day-exploit is able to bypass built-in sandbox by browsers => AV missing all malicious activity => OS infected

Kongo

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017
No Adblock, Im using µBlock Origin
I mean an adblocker in general. I thought you might get this Netcraft blockpage because your adblocker doesn't block the infected advertisment on the website, while it's getting blocked on the systems of the other people with different filter lists enabled before Netcraft even checks the code of the site.

JB007

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016
I mean an adblocker in general. I thought you might get this Netcraft blockpage because your adblocker doesn't block the infected advertisment on the website, while it's getting blocked on the systems of the other people with different filter lists enabled before Netcraft even checks the code of the site.
Thanks @SecureKongo for the explanations

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.