Netflix to send emails to inactive account holders

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
At Netflix, the last thing we want is people paying for something they’re not using.
So we’re asking everyone who has not watched anything on Netflix for a year since they joined to confirm they want to keep their membership. And we’ll do the same for anyone who has stopped watching for more than two years. Members will start seeing these emails or in app notifications this week. If they don’t confirm that they want to keep subscribing, we’ll automatically cancel their subscription. If anyone changes their mind later, it’s really easy to restart Netflix. These inactive accounts represent less than half of one percent of our overall member base, only a few hundred thousand, and are already factored into our financial guidance.

L

Local Host

A great way for bad guys to start another phishing campaign.
Was pretty much what I was thinking, they abuse the Netflix rep a lot, for phishing campaigns.

Paypal is also a big target, I can imagine lots of people falling for this.

Personally if I get any E-Mail from Paypal saying whatever, I just to the Official Website, Login and see if there's anyhting I need to do there.
perhaps there's a huge drop in active users vs signed in users?
Is just a free PR campaign to look like Good Guy Netflix while at it.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.