Neural Implants: Could Brains be Hacked for Ransom?

Logethica

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
A Future With Neural Implants Means Hackers Can Remote-Control Your Brain:

"Give us $10,000 or you're toast."
You can hear the voice clearly, but there's no one in your house. It's coming from inside your head. From your neural implant, to be exact. Hackers.
"We've infected your brain chip with ransomware, and if you don't pay up, we'll fry your gray matter."

This future scenario isn't so far-fetched...

NjhmZDAwOTA5NCMvdWxXdmhXSmp0QWhPR0NvOWFmaXdkUXpmc0ZVPS83NHg3ODozMTE3eDIyNTkvNjIxeDQ0NS9maWx0ZXJzOnF1YWxpdHkoNzApL2h0dHA6Ly9zMy5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL3BvbGljeW1pYy1pbWFnZXMvc3k0anZsemR2cG05bGZ5anh3d2xna3dmZHJraTU0ZnFmOXV5cnI0Y2JncmRncGRjZmlzZGdsbWNsNWcyaGxuZi5qcGc.jpg

Enter the neural implant, a wireless electronic device connected directly to the brain..

"Hackers are hacking other hackers and preventing their ransomware from working," Dr. Mansur Hasib, Program Chair of the Graduate Cybersecurity Technology program in the Graduate School at University of Maryland University College, said in a phone call. "Ransomware right now is a huge profitable industry. Think about a ransomware hacker hacking into one of these things: 'Hey, if you don't give me so much money, basically we're going to mess your brain up or fry your brain or stop your implantable device from working.'"..

To read the full article please visit the link at the top of the page

NZRADAR

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Aug 8, 2013
:):) I feel stink cause I don't have the bandwidth to upload my soul just yet and if I did I would probably run sfc /scannow and Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth commands over my soul before the upload , and then I of course would love a cyclic redundancy check to just be sure in the end o_O:p

LASER_oneXM

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 4, 2016
....yes... the future of this planet and of everyone of us (7 billion people on this planet?): "we have full control over your brain" :D :D

@ TwinHeadedEagle :
"pls remove malware from my brain"
answer: "i need to format your brain"

.... create a full image of your brain and also an image of the start/system partition of your brain
and backup all personal data that are stored in you brain...
...."pay or we will erase everythin in you brain"
....Remote control over your machine? ....over your head ! :D
....root access to your brain? ....yes, no problem! :D

<root> "start eating this car"
<root> "start eating this litter"

Last edited:

DardiM

Level 26
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
May 14, 2016
Thanks for the post :)

I can remember have seen in a famous TV show (24) somebody killing its target with a remote access to its peacemaker.

On the other hand imagine benevolent hacker hacking these 7 billion brains and making them do something useful.
First, it made me laugh, :)
just after, it made me meditate, :rolleyes:
and at the end, it made me agree with you :confused:

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.