Operating system
Windows 10
Log-in security
Security updates
Allow security updates and latest features
User Access Control
Always notify
Real-time security
Kaspersky antivirus. Edge Chromium smart screen.
Firewall security
Microsoft Defender Firewall
About custom security
None
Periodic malware scanners
Hitman Pro, EEK on demand scanners.Eset online scanner.
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Edge Chromium with smart screen
Kaspersky webshield, Googlemail checker, uBlock origin, Lastpass PW manager.
Maintenance tools
Ccleaner. Windows.
File and Photo backup
Aiomei One key Recovery. 3 Data travellers 64 GB.USB pens. To pictures and music.
System recovery
Aiomei One key Recovery.
Google Drive, One Drive,
Risk factors
    • Browsing to popular websites
    • Opening email attachments
    • Logging into my bank account
    • Streaming audio/video content from shady sites
Computer specs
ASUS Custom computer. Intel core i3 8100 CPU-3,60 Ghz. 8GB Asus 2400 RAM.Optical DVD drive. Samsung SSD 860 Evo-250GB. NVIDIA GEforce GTX 1060. Custom apple type flat keyboard.
Notable changes
i3 8100 CPU
Nvidia 1050
8 GB 2600 RAM
250 Samsung 860 Evo
Flash storage

Cortex

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 4, 2016
Nevi, you are sticking with Webroot & good on you keeping to your opinion, your backup system is very good & IMHO, that's what can really get you out of trouble -I recently moved over to AOMEI Backupper from Macrium but for me regular imaging is critical, I see you using One-Key which I have no experience of - Thanks for sharing !
I hope this does not turn into a Webroot thread as your opinion is valid as any other.

Nevi

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 7, 2016
Does your webroot webshield give you a option to proceed to a site it has flagged as dangerous if you choose to go there anyway? Try movies 123 if you are not sure
When I come to a red flagged site, it gives me the option to "unblock and continue". It would be irritating if not. There are a few red flagged side I visit from time to time, because I know them.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.