Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
Apple plans to release new MacBook Pro models in the fourth quarter of 2022, according to supply chain publication DigiTimes. The report does not mention specific models, but it very likely refers to the next-generation 14-inch and 16-inch MacBook Pros given that the 13-inch model was already updated earlier this year.

There has been uncertainty surrounding the timing of new 14-inch and 16-inch MacBook Pro models and whether they would be equipped with 5nm or 3nm chips, but it is looking increasingly likely that the notebooks will be released later this year with 5nm chips. Apple is expected to hold an October event focused on the Mac and iPad, so it would be fitting for the new MacBook Pro models to be announced then.

In August, Bloomberg's Mark Gurman reported that MacBook Pro models with M2 Pro and M2 Max chips were "well into development and testing" at Apple. The notebooks will have very few new features beyond the faster chips, according to analyst Ming-Chi Kuo, after receiving a major redesign in October 2021.

The latest design of the high-end MacBook Pro includes a flatter-edged chassis, a notch at the top of the display, revived ports like MagSafe and HDMI, and more. MacBooks typically go multiple generations between major hardware changes.

Sorrento

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Dec 7, 2021
Bought my other half the version now out14" - Mainly as she was able to mess a new Windows PC up in minutes, so far after a year all is well, it's used for her job too - Though I'm not a Mac fan it works very well for her & the locked down approach Apple uses makes me far less stressed.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.