New 2-step Verification for G-Suite accounts

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
We’re updating how 2-Step Verification works for G Suite.
This will make new 2-Step Verification methods available for some devices, and update the 2-Step Verification user interface on mobile and desktop devices. There are three key impacts:
  • New 2-Step Verification interfaces
  • Different screens on different browsers (Safari, Edge, etc.)
  • Expanded Bluetooth security key support
We hope that these updates make 2-Step Verification easier to use.

Read more: New 2-Step Verification options for G Suite accounts

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
I supposed it uses SMS here. If the messaging service of the telco is down for some reason can you still access the service you want? I believe this also applies to other 2FA service as well if its 2FA is down

L

Local Host

I supposed it uses SMS here. If the messaging service of the telco is down for some reason can you still access the service you want? I believe this also applies to other 2FA service as well if its 2FA is down
SMS? It uses the APP like it should, this is 2019. Connection is irrelevant for it, you just need the time properly set.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.