New Update NEW Avast Version 22.2 (February 2022)

Mops21

Level 34
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Content Creator
Oct 25, 2014
Hi all

NEW Avast Version 22.2 (February 2022)

Hi, all. Please welcome the newest version of Avast AV: 22.2 (22.2.6003)
Major public announcement:
  • Firewall Rules In Firewall you can once again create application rules manually without waiting for apps to connect to the internet
  • Wi-Fi Inspector is now called Network Inspector To align the feature name with our other security apps, we've renamed Wi-Fi Inspector to Network Inspector. This change is also to remind you that it can scan both wired and wireless networks
  • New look of the UI We've updated our design to give you friendlier, more rounded corners
Other notable improvements in the release:
  • Sandbox UI now includes app list
  • Fixed some issues where the UI would not be displayed properly under some resolution settings
As usual a big thanks goes to the team for yet another successful release!
How to install:
1. Update from your existing Avast version via Settings -> Update -> Update program
2. Or you can download and install files:
Online installers (recommended):
Offline installers:

(In case the hyperlink here wouldn't work in your browser, just paste and copy the URL to the browser address bar)

With best Regards
Mops21

kC77

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Aug 16, 2021
ive been testing a few over the past days with a set of 900+ samples.... most have failed miserably, sophos home premium missed a drivewiper and the vm was destroyed within 6 minutes.... eset let files become cryptod, kaspersky let a few run but cleaned up OK, G-data to slow to let the test complete but it missed a lot too..... windows defender passes..... i didnt think anything could match it, until i was asked to give Avast free a test.... Id not used it before and wasn't expecting much...... well its fast as lightning at detection, and didnt miss a single thing from any sample (including 60 fresh from today) - can highly recommend it! it completed the test in 6minutes, not a single exe got executed.. shocked!

superleeds27

Level 6
Verified
Apr 5, 2017
ive been testing a few over the past days with a set of 900+ samples.... most have failed miserably, sophos home premium missed a drivewiper and the vm was destroyed within 6 minutes.... eset let files become cryptod, kaspersky let a few run but cleaned up OK, G-data to slow to let the test complete but it missed a lot too..... windows defender passes..... i didnt think anything could match it, until i was asked to give Avast free a test.... Id not used it before and wasn't expecting much...... well its fast as lightning at detection, and didnt miss a single thing from any sample (including 60 fresh from today) - can highly recommend it! it completed the test in 6minutes, not a single exe got executed.. shocked!
Interesting to know.

Any difference between Avast One and Avast Premium? Or is it just the revamped UI with a few extra utilities?

Reactions: Trooper

kC77

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Aug 16, 2021
Interesting to know.

Any difference between Avast One and Avast Premium? Or is it just the revamped UI with a few extra utilities?
no idea, the one i used was just the free version downloaded from the web, another advantage it didnt even ask me for an account/email to setup! (i think it was Avast one that i installed)
usually with most suites the premium/internet security/total packages come with loads of extras like vpn/password managers/file shredder/bank protection blah blah.

it has the ediitons here

(i dont actually use it, nor would I use it, but I just had to congratulate it for acing a VERY hard test)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.