upload_2017-5-16_11-6-29.png upload_2017-5-16_11-9-7.png

Winter Soldier

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 13, 2017
Hello and thanks for this share.

Many malware detected by antivirus may be the result of a botnet which is one of the most popular thing on the internet, but at the same time, hidden in the anonymity.

BTW: I really do not recommend opening that suspicious URL to avoid becoming part of it (in case it is botnet confirmed).

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
Welcome to MWT

I've just sent the link to Kaspersky VirusDesk and waiting for verdict...
Hello,

No malicious software was found on the website you have sent. The malicious code was probably removed from the server.
If you have a local copy of the suspicious file, please send it in an archive with the password 'infected' (without quotes).

Best Regards

brambedkar59

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017

Game Of Thrones

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Jun 5, 2014
The link is probably harmless "FREE Online Website Malware Scanner | Website Security Monitoring & Malware Removal | Quttera", but still just to be safe i am not gonna try it on my pc. (Or maybe the malware is looking only for unpatched OSs to attack)

@harlan4096 That was fast. I sent MS some suspicious files about 2 months ago nothing yet.:D
PS around 40 AVs detect the file as Trojan downloader or trojan-generic.
from my experience with sending malware to vendors, I have to say Symantec and Kaspersky and Emsisoft and webroot are the best, Symantec will not sometimes send you the results back but will add the detection as fast as Kaspersky to its cloud or offline database. but man some vendors are really worse, I do not know what they are doing!! trend micro is one of them, there are not good ways to send some files for home users you can not find a link to submission website(the support attachment is for logs not infected files), or email for submiting. I talked to two of the support staff and they could not point me to the right direction. I'm really sorry for them about this(this more or less happens with dr.web(late response to the threat), Avira(late response to the threat) and many other vendors. webroot had a really simple and innovative way of sending malware. I just needed to had a one-time right click scan of the malware folder and then send the folder path to the support staff and they add the files to the database( webroot is the only company that I saw that you can talk to a threat researcher directly, very good support BTW it's sad that webroot have serious issues )

brambedkar59

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
webroot had a really simple and innovative way of sending malware. I just needed to had a one-time right click scan of the malware folder and then send the folder path to the support staff and they add the files to the database( webroot is the only company that I saw that you can talk to a threat researcher directly, very good support BTW it's sad that webroot have serious issues )
Webroot is also among the AVs which don't detect the sample I uploaded, even uploaded it directly to them. I also have issues with webroot monitoring legitimate programs, even after submitting the same file to their website for whitelisting.

Game Of Thrones

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Jun 5, 2014
Webroot is also among the AVs which don't detect the sample I uploaded, even uploaded it directly to them. I also have issues with webroot monitoring legitimate programs, even after submitting the same file to their website for whitelisting.
well as I said I'm done with webroot. there are too many issues but the support is good.

Reactions: Deletedmessiah

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.