New Buddy System and Profile Comments

Status
Not open for further replies.

bogdan

Level 1
Thread author
Jan 7, 2011
New Buddy System and Profile Comments

Due to latest problems with spammers abusing the profile comments feature we decided to implement some changes.

Important changes:
  • Buddy Lists and Profile Comments had to be cleared;
  • Only members in your buddy list can comment on your profile. This should prevent spammers commenting on your profile page;
  • You can delete comments on your own profile page, there is no need to pm a mod/admin to delete them anymore.
  • You can Approve/Reject a friend request. When a member adds you to their buddy list you will receive a private message with instructions on how to approve/reject his request.

Note: No one is forced to use this feature. You can simply ignore friend request PM-s if you choose too. All members should respect each-others privacy. Profile comments and private messages are subject to moderation. They have to respect our Forum Rules. Thanks.

For comments regarding these features you can reply in this thread. For comments that are not related use the Feedback/Suggestions forum.

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Cool... I will start adding friends again...guys..be cool and approve my request :p

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
That's why I noticed its always gonna reset at least it implement to prevent spammers to comment in.

LaserWraith

Level 1
Feb 24, 2011
+1. I was wondering why I was getting buddy/friend requests again. BTW, everyone, I'm back!

I was having to study for school and other things, but it has lessened a lot. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.