New Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Update Live on PS4, Xbox One, Has Multiplayer Fixes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
http://news.softpedia.com/news/New-...4-Xbox-One-Has-Multiplayer-Fixes-465445.shtml

Sledgehammer Games confirms that a brand new patch for Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare is now available for download and brings a huge amount of improvements for the first-person shooter's multiplayer mode, including fixes for situations where players fell out of the world across many maps.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare is the latest entry in the first-person shooter published by Activision, and this time the title was made by Sledgehammer Games, the developer that previously helped franchise founder Infinity Ward complete Modern Warfare 3 many years ago.

The new game has already received not just sales acclaim, as always, but also praise from critics for its intense sci-fi action, its blockbuster set pieces, and the pretty decent story mode that featured big Hollywood actor Kevin Spacey as the main villain.

Since the game's launch at the beginning of the month, developer Sledgehammer has worked hard to monitor all the feedback from players, particularly when it comes to the competitive and cooperative multiplayer modes, where any bug or issue can be exploited by others.
A fresh patch is available for the game
Now, the studio confirms on its website that a fresh patch is available for download across the PS4 and Xbox One platforms, bringing forth a lot of different fixes for the multiplayer mode in particular.

"We’re taking your feedback seriously and Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare is getting better because of it. The changes below are currently going live on Xbox One and PlayStation 4. Thanks for being vocal about exploits and cheaters, and making this a better experience for everyone playing. Please be sure to let us know if you have any issues with today's improvements," the studio explains.
Many fixes are coming to most maps
More specifically, the patch includes plenty of improvements and bug fixes for almost all the maps inside the Advanced Warfare competitive multiplayer mode.

A really common situation caused players to fall through the level and exit the world in various spots across the different maps. These include Biolab, Detroit, Greenband, Horizon, Instinct, Recovery, as well as Retreat.

Other maps caused specific items, such as Aerial Assault or Recon Drones, to also fall out of the world. These include Biolab, Defender, Detroit, or Greenband.

Of course, the patch also brings forth optimizations for the actual matchmaking and connectivity side of the multiplayer, not to mention fixes for the heads-up display and AI in the cooperative Exo Survival mode.

Check out the full changelog from the latest Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare patch below by hitting the Show Changelog button.

ADVANCED WARFARE - MULTIPLAYER IMPROVEMENTS:

Atlas Gorge - Momentum - Adjusted spawn locations.

Biolab - Crane Wash - The Aerial Assault Drone out of world.

Biolab - Hallway - Player out of world .

Biolab - Jutting piece of collision - Player out of world .

Defender - Security Gate Area - The Aerial Assault Drone and Recon Drone out of world.

Defender - Laser Center - Care Package invalid location.

Detroit - Jimmy’s Diner Corner - Player out of world.

Detroit - Lower Street - The Aerial Assault Drone and Recon Drone out of world.

Detroit - Park - Portaling.

Greenband - Atrium - Player out of world.

Greenband - Zen Garden Lane - The Aerial Assault Drone and Recon Drone out of world.

Greenband - Aquarium Lobby - The Aerial Assault Drone and Recon Drone out of world.

Horizon - Mission Control - Player out of world.

Horizon - Exterior Hangar - Player out of world.

Instinct - Temple - Player out of world.

Recovery - Command Center - Player out of world.

Retreat - Pool Area - Player out of world.

Retreat - Turtle Garden - Player out of world.

Connectivity Optimizations.

ADVANCED WARFARE - EXO SURVIVAL:

Exo Survival Global - Losing HUD in Goliath.

Exo Survival Global - AI issue after completing level 25.

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
I didn't know you were a fan of games exterminator :D, especially COD which seem to be teen's loved game :p

Exterminator

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
I didn't know you were a fan of games exterminator :D, especially COD which seem to be teen's loved game :p
What can I say...Im a teen in a prehistoric body.I like good games and COD is a good game.

VirusAttak

Level 4
Verified
Aug 31, 2014
i finished COD AW in two days :p now i'm going to play multiplayer thanks for the update

Exterminator

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
But is it worth it with the same game rehashed every year in a different name with little or no innovation? :oops:
I suppose that depends on the individual.Just like every other game,a new game comes out.It would be pretty boring if they didn't.However this information was posted for those who are interested

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
But is it worth it with the same game rehashed every year in a different name with little or no innovation? :oops:

Yes and No. The single player campaign would be worth it, but the MP is repetitive and becomes unsupported after 12-13 months, forcing players to buy the next game.

In comparison, Rockstar's GTA V on PS3 and Xbox 360 will be supported for a second year, alongside PS4, Xbox One and PC. Including FREE updates for MP/Online. Returning players on PS4 and Xbox One get the Collectors Edition bonuses without paying extra.

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
Yes and No. The single player campaign would be worth it, but the MP is repetitive and becomes unsupported after 12-13 months, forcing players to buy the next game.

In comparison, Rockstar's GTA V on PS3 and Xbox 360 will be supported for a second year, alongside PS4, Xbox One and PC. Including FREE updates for MP/Online. Returning players on PS4 and Xbox One get the Collectors Edition bonuses without paying extra.

To be honest no one buys a COD game for the SP game but only for it's MP component. There isn't anything *new* in it. There are far better SP games.

Btw, I own COD 4: Modern Warfare which is probably the best in the series, and that pretty much completes my list, because the rest are the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.