New February 2018 AV-Test.org is Online

L0ckJaw

Level 19
Thread author
Verified
Content Creator
Well-known
Feb 17, 2018
The new test is online, well almost nothing changed except Bitdefender is not their Top Product anymore.

1.jpg

I take these tests with a grain of salt.

Last edited by a moderator:

holst

Level 1
Verified
Mar 28, 2018
MSE stands out in one thing: it is easily the lightest and most hassle free Antivirus on W7. I used it for years. But you need additional security layers.

Reactions: AlanOstaszewski
I

illumination

It seems to me with enough users pointing out how ridiculous these supposed professional testing sites are, that users here would quit posting them at some point or another.

mekelek

Level 28
Verified
Well-known
Feb 24, 2017
It seems to me with enough users pointing out how ridiculous these supposed professional testing sites are, that users here would quit posting them at some point or another.
that would mean we miss out on these great content in comments

Reactions: L0ckJaw
I

illumination

I suppose for entertainment value, they could have some usefulness.. ;) :D Say your having a bad day, and just desperately need a laugh, a good look at one of these charts would be a quick fix.

Reactions: upnorth and mekelek

Arequire

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Feb 10, 2017
why exactly is it tested on windows 7?
anyone know a way to get AhnLab's latest AV without buying it? trial?
There is a free trial on the Korean version of the site after signing up for an account but as far as I can tell it's not accessible to anyone outside Korea as it looks like you can only sign up for the account with a ROK national ID number.
Or maybe they decided to not participate this time.
This. Vendors decide whether they participate in testing or not.
Looks like Emsisoft is not tested either.!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad:o_Oo_O
Emsisoft hasn't been tested by AVT since 2016.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nightwalker
D

Deleted member 65228

Yeah but it is the same arguments, comments, etc every time.

Member 1: Posts AV testing chart
Member 2: Complains because their favorite didn't come first
Member 2: Complains because Windows Defender did well
Member 3: Complains because they think Windows Defender realistically does not perform well
Member 4: Complains because people are allegedly bashing Microsoft
Member 5: Justification whilst siding with Member 2 and 3
Member 6: AV XXXX sucks
Member 7: Complains with Member 6
Member 8: A moderator who joins the thread because of the on-going trouble
Member 9, Member 10, Member 11, Member 12, Member 13, Member 14, Member 15: All have a complete mash-up argument
Member 16: XXXXX is stupid
Member 17: XXXXX is stupid, agreed on
Member 18: Nope Member 16 and 17 are wrong for their opinions

It normally goes along the lines of something like that. Surprisingly, it didn't even go half as bad as usual this time.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.