Not open for further replies.

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Official Android Blog: Official Android Blog: A new look for Google Play family of apps

"Since launching Google Play four years ago, we've always had dedicated apps in addition to the Google Play store. Today, all our icons are getting an update to provide a consistent look across the entire family of Play apps."

juMB5Ja.png

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
I voted that I didn't care either way, but you have to admit they look like they were made in Miami, all that neon lol :)

Reactions: OokamiCreed

OokamiCreed

Level 18
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
May 8, 2015
I voted I don't care. As long as I can access my apps on phone/tablet, it doesn't matter to me. Plus they look fine to me. Not overly fancy (which is a plus for me).

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
The design created another uniqueness considering that a play button will signify more meaning. ;)

Reactions: _CyberGhosT_

Soulbound

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
Cosmetic, dont really care.
From a business related point of view however, this should be implemented a while ago, to ensure proper "pattern" (missing the exact word at the moment) across the board.

Candace Muncie

Apr 5, 2016
Last edited by a moderator:

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Voted I like them even though I use a 3rd party icon theme.It is an improvement

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.