New in Emsisoft Anti-Malware 2018.6: Improved settings panel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Thread author
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
Over the next couple of months we plan to refresh the entire user interface of Emsisoft Anti-Malware. The current design served us well for the last four years, but in order to stay on top of modern design trends and changed user experience requirements (e.g. touch screens), it is time for us to get a bigger change on the road.

User interface changes typically mean a lot of development work, so we are going to migrate to our new design in stages. Our first step, which you can see in this month’s 2018.6 release, is a completely redesigned and re-organized settings panel.

Instead of top menu tabs that open individual pages with custom designed settings pages, the new version merges all settings on one well-structured panel that is much easier to navigate. We also took the opportunity to question the old sorting and grouping of settings and re-organized all sections to what we believe provides the best work efficiency for you, i.e. we moved the most used features to the top.

See for yourself and don’t hesitate to provide us feedback in the comments below!

Emsisoft Anti-Malware 2018.6 settings panel

All 2018.6 improvements in a nutshell

Emsisoft Anti-Malware

• Redesigned and re-organized settings panel.
  • Renamed Game Mode to Silent Mode.
  • Improved auto-update functionality.
  • Improved handling of license subscriptions.
  • Improved MSI uninstaller.
  • Improved offline installation process.
  • Minor user interface changes.
  • Several minor tweaks and fixes.
Emsisoft Enterprise Console

• Added a setting to disable registry scans for all scan types.
Emsisoft Emergency Kit

How to obtain the new version

As always, so long as you have auto-updates enabled in the software, you will receive the latest version automatically during your regularly scheduled updates, which are hourly by default. New users, please download the full installer from our product pages.

Note to Enterprise users: If you have chosen to receive “Delayed” updates in the Update settings for your clients, they will receive the new software version no earlier than 30 days after the regular “Stable” availability. This gives you time to perform internal compatibility tests before a new version gets rolled out to your clients automatically.

Have a great and well-protected day!

The post New in 2018.6: Improved settings panel appeared first on Emsisoft | Security Blog.

Source: New in 2018.6: Improved settings panel

SumTingWong

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 2, 2018
i preferred the previous setting menu personally, this one is too big and too much scrolling.

I don't like the new settings at all.There's no need to replace the working fine settings with this new one. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Can someone explain to me what is this?
  • Improved MSI uninstaller.

Is it like improve the built-in uninstaller to make sure there's no traces behind, and there's no need for the removal tool unless the software becomes corrupted?

Last edited:

Weebarra

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 5, 2017
You have to know that the main customers of EAM are the senior (50+) segment, so i can understand the motive, but i cant say for sure the changes are related to that fact.

I'm in that group but personally i like what i have now, it is comfortable for me and i can see everything clearly, i know where everything is

[EDIT]
Dang, i've just looked and i already have the newer UI, (i didn't know) first impressions is that it looked the same but once you enter the settings tab it's all changed, i hate the way it scrolls itself when you click on the various tabs that are available under settings, it's not good for the eyes (well mine anyway) not impressed i'm afraid :(

show-Zi

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
I noticed that the setting items are foldable. Once you set it you can close items that you do not touch too much.

@frogboy We are a generation whose computer was a large open reel tape rotated and reading the punched paper.:cool::emoji_v:

enaph

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 14, 2011
It looks like they run of out ideas on how to improve their product.
Emsisoft forgot that W10 internal security mechanisms are getting better and better with each single update and nobody really cares about their signatures (which are actually BD´s sigs).
They are bragging about their BB, anti-ransomware module, keep giving new names to already existing functions or redesigning menus just to have a reason to release ¨new version¨ while all other vendors are moving forward.
Emsisoft had a great potential and ideas but it looks like they died in the moment when they decided to kill OA - tool which was ahead of its time.
SaaS, cloud, virtualisation, containment - those are the trends of today's security and being ¨old school¨ for a security vendor is death to their business.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.