shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Application launching is very fast with 2020.

I have the old, familiar issue that when I run the send-to-email command from an open MS Word doc, and the doc is sent out through Outlook, the text in the body of the email message is omitted.
I solved this by disabling the Kaspersky COM add-on in Outlook.
But will this add-on eventually re-enable itself? Is there a better way to solve the issue?

Reactions: harlan4096

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
Application launching is very fast with 2020.

I have the old, familiar issue that when I run the send-to-email command from an open MS Word doc, and the doc is sent out through Outlook, the text in the body of the email message is omitted.
I solved this by disabling the Kaspersky COM add-on in Outlook.
But will this add-on eventually re-enable itself? Is there a better way to solve the issue?
Hum... I don't use Outlook (Mozilla ThunderBird), having open a .doc -> File -> Share -> Email -> send as an attached document -> my TB is opened and the .doc is sent as an attach, I also typed some text in the email message body, and sent... I got both without issues: attached .doc and the text of the message...

Last edited:

cc2150dx

Level 2
Verified
May 4, 2014
Unfortunately for me KIS 2020 didn't install the 'Kaspersky extension' in chrome. Does someone have a download link for the extension?

Thanks

RaduGL

Level 2
Verified
Aug 3, 2017
Is the Kaspersky browser extension necessary? I have it disabled in both Firefox and Chrome..

Whenever I Google something I still see which websites are safe, like this: Safe website (according to Kaspersky Security Network)

motox781

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Apr 1, 2015
Is the Kaspersky browser extension necessary? I have it disabled in both Firefox and Chrome..

Whenever I Google something I still see which websites are safe, like this: Safe website (according to Kaspersky Security Network)

I don't use it, but believe it is used for Ad blocking and Private Browsing (tracker blocking). Maybe it has some other uses...

Nightwalker

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 26, 2014

Only if you want to use the Anti-Banner + Privacy modules, particularly I disable the extension and the code injection to make browsing faster.

Andrew3000

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Feb 8, 2016

It's used for ad/track blocking, safety search, parent control, safe input and safe payment.

I don't use it because I use hitman pro alert.

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
Usually the 1st full scan or quick scan with K takes always longer than later ones...

P.S.: who run Full System Scans??? not me :giggle: they are not actually needed...

I meant that the full scan run by KTS 2020 took a little longer than 2019’s full scan (scanning the same system). I believe that full scans are very important (only the first time) so that Kaspersky whitelist good files to improve performance?

DeepWeb

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 1, 2017
Installed the en-GB version of KTS 2020, it is GDPR. Parental Control is different now, starts up slightly faster. On the surface not much has changed but Windows 10 programs open faster so I guess fewer conflicts under the hood. (y)
I haven't tested it further since I prefer Chromebook 1000x more now but it's good to see improvements being made. If Kaspersky gets lighter I will renew my license at the end of the year. If not, I will probably switch to Eset.

F

ForgottenSeer 58943

In the world of networking, 1ms of ping doesn't exist, 5 is the minimum and normally on a local network.

Anyone around here with networking experience can run LST on their networks and see products like Kaspersky and Bit Defender tank them. That's locally, within the network infrastructure, and the situation becomes much worse when outside of the WAN is measured. In gaming, an 8 fold increase in pings is the difference between life and death. In day to day use, without such products then when they are added, it becomes extremely noticeable.

As speed and reliability increase, the net performance hit from these products becomes extremely noticeable due to the finer tolerances. When you play with 15ms pings to the major game servers with <1% buffer bloat and <2ms Jitter, you can't be bloating it up with suites that try to pull an 8-20 fold increase in TCP/UDP overhead.

Everyone goes insane over the 'weight' or 'ram' use of these products, but almost totally neglect the fact they are tanking their network and internet performance.

L

Local Host

Anyone around here with networking experience can run LST on their networks and see products like Kaspersky and Bit Defender tank them. That's locally, within the network infrastructure, and the situation becomes much worse when outside of the WAN is measured. In gaming, an 8 fold increase in pings is the difference between life and death. In day to day use, without such products then when they are added, it becomes extremely noticeable.

As speed and reliability increase, the net performance hit from these products becomes extremely noticeable due to the finer tolerances. When you play with 15ms pings to the major game servers with <1% buffer bloat and <2ms Jitter, you can't be bloating it up with suites that try to pull an 8-20 fold increase in TCP/UDP overhead.

Everyone goes insane over the 'weight' or 'ram' use of these products, but almost totally neglect the fact they are tanking their network and internet performance.
Cause any ping below 100 will work just fine with no packet loses, that includes gaming. In my case Kaspersky doesn't add any delay to the connection either way.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.