Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Unfortunately it seems that the KFA versions are not there yet.
I can find the SAAS version. Kaspersky Security Cloud 2020.
Can that be installed as free version (Kaspersky Security Cloud Free)?
Okay, that worked. Installed Kaspersky Security Cloud 20.0.14.1085 logged in with My Kaspersky settings and got the free package (y)
After a reboot I'm at patch B. So far so good....

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
I can't download extensions to Firefox. I tried downloading 1Password and Mega extension but I always get the error message "The addon could not be downloaded due to a connection failure". I am pretty sure it is related to Kaspersky?

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
I'm not having that issue with my FF + KTS2020b, just installed 1Password and Mega here without issues:
1560500972087.png

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
I'm not having that issue with my FF + KTS2020b, just installed 1Password and Mega here without issues:

According to 1Passowrd.

About the error

Antivirus and other security software can sometimes prevent the 1Password extension from being installed or updated automatically in Firefox.

Reactions: harlan4096

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
According to 1Passowrd.

About the error

Antivirus and other security software can sometimes prevent the 1Password extension from being installed or updated automatically in Firefox.
So disable Kaspersky and also the Kaspersky browser add-on, and see if that helps. If it does not help, maybe you have other security software?

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Thanks but this is not convenient—to disable Kaspersky each and every time you install an extension (or even update it).

Hi @harlan4096 I am using the settings suggested by @Robbie and I have Anti-Banner enabled.
You could export your settings, then reset Kaspersky to default settings, and see if you still have the issue. If the issue goes away, then it is connected to your settings. If the issue is still there, I would guess that it is connected to your Firefox settings.

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
You could export your settings, then reset Kaspersky to default settings, and see if you still have the issue. If the issue goes away, then it is connected to your settings. If the issue is still there, I would guess that it is connected to your Firefox settings.
Thank you very much @shmu26 I will let you know when I do what you've suggested.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.