shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Yes! Unfortunately. So I guess it is either Firefox or something related to https scanning?
Sometimes the user profile in the browser gets messed up. You could try this:
1 Make sure you are signed into your Firefox account and all your settings are properly synced.
2 Uninstall Firefox.
3 Do manual cleanup by deleting ALL Firefox folders in Appdata, and wherever else you might find them
4 Reboot
5 Reinstall Firefox, but do not sign in to your user account
6 Try to install add-ons
7 If all is well, sign in to your Firefox user account and let settings sync
8 If the problem returns after step 7, you might have to reset your user account to default settings, and rebuild it.

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
Sometimes the user profile in the browser gets messed up. You could try this:
1 Make sure you are signed into your Firefox account and all your settings are properly synced.
2 Uninstall Firefox.
3 Do manual cleanup by deleting ALL Firefox folders in Appdata, and wherever else you might find them
4 Reboot
5 Reinstall Firefox, but do not sign in to your user account
6 Try to install add-ons
7 If all is well, sign in to your Firefox user account and let settings sync
8 If the problem returns after step 7, you might have to reset your user account to default settings, and rebuild it.

@shmu26 Thanks for the tip but, unfortunately, uninstalling Firefox did not fix the issue (I don't have a Firefox account btw). It seems that I need to contact Kaspersky support for further help. Thank you again and thanks for @harlan4096

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Uninstalling FF is not enough, You should delete manually Mozilla folder in C:\PrograData\ and in C:\Users\AppData\<your account>\Roaming\
+1
this is an important step. I haven't used Firefox in a while, but this is how I solved a somewhat similar problem with Kaspersky and Chrome, a few days ago. Simply uninstalling was not enough.

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
Uninstalling FF is not enough, You should delete manually Mozilla folder in C:\PrograData\ and in C:\Users\AppData\<your account>\Roaming\
+1
this is an important step. I haven't used Firefox in a while, but this is how I solved a somewhat similar problem with Kaspersky and Chrome, a few days ago. Simply uninstalling was not enough.

Same issue :(
I don't install extensions that much. Anyway as of now only disabling Kaspersky's protection fixes the issue.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.