New Kaspersky 2020 English available

petersaints

Level 1
Verified
Aug 4, 2015
This is final (online installer), but still not available for all country regions nor in the rest of languages:

Also KFA and KSCloud Free not available yet...
I installed the SAAS package over my previous KSC Free installation and it still calls itself "Kaspersky Security Cloud - Free". avpui_2019-07-03_15-25-10.png

Last edited:

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
Still in negotiations with Kaspersky support regarding the inability to install Firefox extensions.

"
Dear customer,

We would like to thank you for the information you have submitted and for your continuous cooperation.
We have forwarded the data you have provided us to our experts in Moscow HQ.

Your request is now being processed. Please wait for our reply. "

Turned out to be more complicated that I thought it would be.

Mahesh Sudula

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 3, 2017
Kis 2020 version seems to have, up lifted advanced version of hardware virtualization.
It straightly said H. V is not supported by my PC and I ignored it.

Though, HV feature do exist a new option below says to use advanced features of H.V under additional (KSN) settings.
W 8,8.1,10 are supported by this feature!

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Windows firewall is blocking KFA. I made an exception but it is still blocked. See screenshot. The log on the right is from @Andy Ful FirewallHardening tool. AFAIK this tool takes data from Windows Event logs.
View attachment 217095
I saw the same blocks when using KFA or KSC Free.
Posted it in the Hard Configurator topic, but it was no block caused by Hard Configurator or FirewallHardening.
Don't know what to do about it.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
it was no block caused by Hard Configurator or FirewallHardening
Right. It is Windows firewall that does it. However, after trying a few times, I see that it is only blocked for a second or two, right after system startup. KSN seems to work, and updating seems to work. So maybe it's no big deal? @harlan4096 what is your take on the issue?

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
I contacted Kaspersky supporter via email and a real Kaspersky expert (a real person, not a bot) replied my and asked for a full GSI
I submitted to him and he said Kaspersky would address the problem I had
The problem was so serious that I was unable to open Kaspersky GUI (avpui.exe) with .net framework-related error => Kaspersky 2020 is completely unusable in my PC

the problem doesn't exist in 2019 patch F but my browser was super super laggy on patch F. Immediately uninstalled

Moonhorse

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
I contacted Kaspersky supporter via email and a real Kaspersky expert (a real person, not a bot) replied my and asked for a full GSI
I submitted to him and he said Kaspersky would address the problem I had
The problem was so serious that I was unable to open Kaspersky GUI (avpui.exe) with .net framework-related error => Kaspersky 2020 is completely unusable in my PC

the problem doesn't exist in 2019 patch F but my browser was super super laggy on patch F. Immediately uninstalled
Stupid to ask, but did you disable script injection on browser + ''limit bandwith for data savings''

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
Stupid to ask, but did you disable script injection on browser + ''limit bandwith for data savings''
I did everything I can but still very laggy
I tried all options in web antivirus and network except disabling https scanning
I didn't have this issue priod to patch f, on my old HDD. Now I have SSD, it's very noticeable
when I opened a link in a new tab, browser paused for 2-5 seconds before I could interact with it

Moonhorse

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
I did everything I can but still very laggy
I tried all options in web antivirus and network except disabling https scanning
I didn't have this issue priod to patch f, on my old HDD. Now I have SSD, it's very noticeable
when I opened a link in a new tab, browser paused for 2-5 seconds before I could interact with it
Yeah i thought you have already tried pretty much everything...for me there is no any difference in browsing speed, but im living with suberb pc/internet

Atleast kaspersky wont inject palemoon, if you want to keep using kaspersky i dont think it will affect that at all, what i have been using palemoon as secondary browser for a time with kaspersky

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
KFA 20 is very nervous about internet connections. I get repeated prompts asking me if MS Outlook should be allowed to connect. And when I was trying to troubleshoot a connectivity issue, the prompts were so constant that I couldn't work.
Back to tweaked Windows Defender.

Moonhorse

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
KFA 20 is very nervous about internet connections. I get repeated prompts asking me if MS Outlook should be allowed to connect. And when I was trying to troubleshoot a connectivity issue, the prompts were so constant that I couldn't work.
Back to tweaked Windows Defender.
Doesnt sound very promising:unsure: I just hate the injection on browsers that every antivirus does, and still they push the web extension as bloat after all that

I guess were in same boat now, time for uninstall and windows defender + configuredefender+ OSA for me

I always tend to clean install after i swap antivirus, but now i really cba :emoji_disappointed:

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Doesnt sound very promising:unsure: I just hate the injection on browsers that every antivirus does, and still they push the web extension as bloat after all that

I guess were in same boat now, time for uninstall and windows defender + configuredefender+ OSA for me

I always tend to clean install after i swap antivirus, but now i really cba :emoji_disappointed:
I was talking about something else, not the injection into browsers, that is standard for 3rd party AVs. I was talking about what seems to me a new feature, at least I haven't encountered it yet. It monitors network connections quite closely. I like the idea in theory, except that in practice, it drove me crazy.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.