New Kaspersky 2020 English available

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
But if, after installation, you log in with your account (where you have the free version), you'll get the free version as well. The only problem is that v.20 is not GDPR compliant yet
It seems almost all if not all other AVs are GDPR compliant regardless of the region of the user. But only Kaspersky's EU version is GDPR compliant. Other versions collects more data and I'm not a fan of this policy.

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
So does the U.S. version of free products collect a bunch of data as well? I suppose all or most free AVs do?
Actually, free AV like AVG doesn't come with different installer whether you download from the US, GB or WW page. Each uses same installer unlike Kaspersky. Also AVG's privacy policy states they follow GDPR and there isn't any mention of only their EU version doing so so, it seems to be applicable for all versions while Kaspersky strictly tells the EU users to use the GDPR compatible version only. I asked Kaspersky support about this and they replied to me in a professional way that other versions do collect more data for the sake of protection.

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
Kaspersky engineer sent me an email and said they confirmed my bug report as a known issue and promised a fix in patch C in Kaspersky 2020
They support free users
p/s: I submitted my bug report as Kaspersky Anti-virus so they supported me

They recommended me to use v2019 and wait for the new patch

uduoix

Level 5
Verified
Oct 14, 2015
I got this email
1.JPG
I guess this coupon works only for renew but still maybe someone can use it.

RejZoR

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 26, 2016
What about Kaspersky free? So annoying when they launch things and have their versions all over the place.

It's also annyoing with Kaspersky how it shoves its stupid browser extension into Firefox so you can't even remove it entirely, it always hangs int he browser disabled.

L

Local Host

What about Kaspersky free? So annoying when they launch things and have their versions all over the place.

It's also annyoing with Kaspersky how it shoves its stupid browser extension into Firefox so you can't even remove it entirely, it always hangs int he browser disabled.
They release in waves, which makes sense to me.

Not to mention the majorly of you been getting the 2020 files from their FTP (which means they haven't even made it available to the Public yet).

I just checked and they still supplying the 2019 version on their global website. As for Kaspersky Free has the lowest priority, they need to support paying costumers.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.